Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,594

0 members and 2,594 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ECechoHO View Post
    thanks young sir, if that's the case i haven't captured the two i have, locking up at all, not even an attempt so incubator 4, had these snakes for a total of 5 years and whenever she eats she gets big like that poops it out and kinda returns back to her usual size.. But next month i'm gonna purchase a 100% het male to see where he might take her babies..
    As said before, a 100% het for what? The female you have is a normal, 90% of true hets do not show any markers for what they are het for. It’s a guessing game, and since she is a NORMAL, you pairing a 100% het for anything will just get you all NORMALS. And judging by your previous thread, you’re in it for the money, because ‘times is hard’ and a normal is worth maybe $20-$40. You’ll be spending more money in husbandry, food, an incubator, and tanks/tubs for the babies than what you’ll be making.

lpus i need to find work so i can upgrade..

Again, as said before, why on earth would you buy another snake, when you don’t have a steady job?? That’s another mouth to feed, and another tank to buy. It’s bad enough, that you have two snakes in the same cage at that. I would focus on your financial stability before you buy more animals that will drain your income….

understood SIR, when i take her out to palpate her ill snap pics of HER underbelly, she is different and i know she has some special gene in her.. the ones they say that it might be is
    Albinos, Ghosts, Caramels & Pieds, either one of those i'm all good..underbelly picture coming in like 15 mins...

You say that you know that she has a special gene in her and that she is different looking then a ‘normal’ normal. But a normal can come in a multitude of colors, and wacky patterns and no two normals are quite the same. The only het you listed up there that shows markers is a pied. As I’ve stated (and many others have as well) if you breed her with a Het anything, you are going to get all NORMALS that MAY be 50% het. You will not get any visual anything.
    This is my first time posting in either of your threads, but come on man it’s like talking to a wall. Everyone is trying to give you the best advice, and you just aren’t listening or comprehending. I’m not trying to be mean, you look like a great person who has a passion for an awesome hobby.
    But before you sink any more money into a hobby that requires a lot of money to start with. PLEASE do as much research as possible, for your sake, and for the sake of however many snakes you end up with.
    I've got quite a few...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Montypython696 For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (01-31-2015),Mr. Misha (01-29-2015)

Thanks

Re: Why..

Unless you know what your snake is "looks like a normal" getting a het of something your hoping for is the wrong way to put it and what happens when you have 7-8 eggs to take care of when your having a hard time careing for these 2 normals

Thanks

To be brutally honest i wouldnt waste my time on hets i would get something visual something thats gonna produce visual babies right out of egg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    So, who exactly is "they" ?

Because "they" don't seem to know jack about ball pythons.

Your snake is a female normal. Period. A normal. A dime-a-dozen, seen a thousand times, you can't GIVE them away normal. And that is ALL she is.

The whole "she might be a het for one of these" is ridiculous. Even if she were het, and the chances are about the same odds as winning the lottery, without knowing WHAT het, you could potentially buy and breed her to what?? a dozen different males that are visual for a recessive gene and still not get the right one. Why on earth would you do that? And as far as doing a het male to her, that is on the verge of being just plain idiotic. You could buy and breed her to a different male every year for the rest of her life and still only get normals. And that assumes she even is het. And assuming anything just makes a you-know-what out of you and me.

Normals come in a huge range of color and pattern variances, so despite how much she "looks like more than a normal", I'd bet you Fort Knox she's nothing more than a normal. If I had a dime for every time I heard someone say that their normal "doesn't look like a normal so it must be something else" I'd be richer than Donald Trump. And it would take a lotta dang dimes for that!

So despite what "they" tell you, if you spend your time and money that you don't have chasing after this elusive " she might be a het to this, that, or the other, I pity both you and your snakes. Wake up to the reality of owning snakes first, then worry about breeding. And when you are responsible enough to breed, at least have the competence to know what you are breeding, and what you hope to produce. And not just throwing two snakes together to see what happens. Heaven knows there are enough abused, neglected and unwanted ball pythons out there that no one needs to be creating a bigger problem with irresponsible breeding.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angllady2 For This Useful Post:

Foxton (01-30-2015),GoingPostal (02-03-2015),Mr. Misha (01-30-2015)

Thanks
    Listen everyone, before you go any further with your comments. Check out the breeding forum , look at I believe I have a question, by the original poster. You will get no where with him. Just read the post, it's getting crazy. It's like climbing a mountain with oil on your hands. This guy does not want to listen, I have no idea why he even asks questions. Just read his post in the breeder section. It seems he is asking the same questions here as he did over there. I guess he thinks he's talking to a totally different set of people. WHY!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

LOL,............OLD clothes that don't fit anymore, salvation army WON'T take em, LOLOL...

Now that's funny!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angllady2 View Post

Normals come in a huge range of color and pattern variances, so despite how much she "looks like more than a normal", I'd bet you Fort Knox she's nothing more than a normal. If I had a dime for every time I heard someone say that their normal "doesn't look like a normal so it must be something else" I'd be richer than Donald Trump. And it would take a lotta dang dimes for that!

Gale
    I find it interesting that you say this. I am NOT being argumentative , but am confused with some morphs.

People will post a pic and say look at my Cinn, or my Granite, or 6 others. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to identify the snakes, I would swear that they were all Normals! And I think to myself, "you paid $200, $400, etc for that? It's not prettier than my Normal ". So I can see where the confusion lies in what you say.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    I find it interesting that you say this. I am NOT being argumentative , but am confused with some morphs.

People will post a pic and say look at my Cinn, or my Granite, or 6 others. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to identify the snakes, I would swear that they were all Normals! And I think to myself, "you paid $200, $400, etc for that? It's not prettier than my Normal ". So I can see where the confusion lies in what you say.
    Normally the price tag comes with them because the "something special" that people think they see is proven to be genetic. I have seen normals that prove to be nothing that look 10x better than some of the subtle morphs...but sadly none of the traits that make the look good are carried down to their young. Are snakes coming out that look almost normal that are being bred to make new morphs?...yes Are the odds of grabbing two snakes sold as normal and getting something special so phenomenology low that it is not worth it to even try? ...yes

I Gots Me Some Snakes...

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post

Okay so, I'm a n00b when it comes to breeding and morphs and such things, but even I can usually tell after looking at only a couple pics the difference between normals and even really subtle morphs. To use the ones you listed as examples, cinnys are a rich brown, and often have alien heads that form rings which don't connect to the belly, and granites look... pixelated? Like the alien heads are low res jpegs with artifacts, lol.

The thing with each of these morphs is that yeah, they probably started out as being considered "special looking normals" too. But someone who had a better idea of what they're doing than this guy went through the effort to prove them out as distinct genes. When paired to other known morphs, they keep some sort of that same distinction with them and affect how the offspring come out. Pair up a normal with other morphs and... all you're gonna get are normals and that morph (for dom or co-com) or het normals (for recessive). Judging by his other post, the OP seems to think he has some sort of holy grail of het normals, "because it looks different" and wants to stick it with his other normal to get amazing $$$ babies? But that just isn't likely to happen.

Thanks
    LL, I understand what a Cinny, Granite, or some others SHOULD look like. My point is they don't, yet they get credit for it while they look more "normal".

And I will accept ignorance on my part as well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast