Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,136

1 members and 3,135 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

"What are you doing"?

So... does anyone else get grief for browsing and writing on the snake forum maybe a bit too often? My husband has been razzing me because whenever I'm writing or looking at something on my phone or laptop lately, it's been this forum.

BUT LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY REPTILES! 8)
    living and learning.
    4.2 Ball Pythons
    1.0 California King Snake
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa
    0.2 Red Tail BCI

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    (me every day on animal forums in general)
    Last edited by redshepherd; 07-01-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Years ago I could not understand why my daughter spent so hours a day on forums, and my ex on Facebook. Now here I am doing the same.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Aercadia (07-04-2015),ratchet (07-02-2015)

Thanks

Re: "What are you doing"?

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
    So... does anyone else get grief for browsing and writing on the snake forum maybe a bit too often? My husband has been razzing me because whenever I'm writing or looking at something on my phone or laptop lately, it's been this forum.

Story of my entire life. months ago when my bf said we could get a snake I started doing research and its been history since then. He doesn't understand why I still hang out with you guys now that we have 2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to goddessbaby For This Useful Post:

ratchet (07-02-2015)

Thanks

Yup. I also get crap for showing whichever person I am with, regardless of how they feel about reptiles, any new random Instagram pics of herps I think are pretty or gorgeous or cute.

"Look (honey, mom, brother, friend, co-worker, random person I just met who incidentally also loves reptiles) at this (adorable, cute, handsome, gorgeous, beautiful but surely expensive) little (Burm, boa, retic, ball, monitor, gecko, dragon, other herp) owned by this one guy/gal I follow on (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube)!!!! Don't you just love it?!?!"

Yeah.... I'm excitable...
    0.1 Lesser Pastel

Black Spooky Kitty
    0.1 Faye Tiny Kitty

?.?
    Feral Cat Colony

And more on the way always....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

I fee like I've told you this before, but your username is freakn hilarious haha. I hate that term with a passion!

Also, none of my friends know how often I'm on this thing .. My family knows I have an obsession, but they don't really care .
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    I fee like I've told you this before, but your username is freakn hilarious haha. I hate that term with a passion!

Also, none of my friends know how often I'm on this thing .. My family knows I have an obsession, but they don't really care .
    Haha! The reason I have that as my username is because my name is Rachel and an old guy at work misread my name patch on my coveralls and called me Ratchet. It's been my nickname ever since at the shop I used to work at. So no, I ain't ratchet. I'm Ratchet!

I think my family thinks I'm nuts too. My parents aren't reptile people, my husband likes them but not as much as I do! My stepsons go through phases with wanting to hold the snakes and such, I think they are just so used to them that they don't really pay attention to them. I feel like I'm obsessed but I don't want to push it on anybody and drive them nuts! Except for my sister, I text her pictures and stories constantly, she doesn't have a choice.
    living and learning.
    4.2 Ball Pythons
    1.0 California King Snake
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa
    0.2 Red Tail BCI

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Haha! The reason I have that as my username is because my name is Rachel and an old guy at work misread my name patch on my coveralls and called me Ratchet. It's been my nickname ever since at the shop I used to work at. So no, I ain't ratchet. I'm Ratchet!

I think my family thinks I'm nuts too. My parents aren't reptile people, my husband likes them but not as much as I do! My stepsons go through phases with wanting to hold the snakes and such, I think they are just so used to them that they don't really pay attention to them. I feel like I'm obsessed but I don't want to push it on anybody and drive them nuts! Except for my sister, I text her pictures and stories constantly, she doesn't have a choice.
    lmao! awesome origin story haha!

poor sister ! The reason I'm on this forum 24/7 is because I can freely talk about BPs without people looking at me like: or a mixture of and .

I also brain-dump on my sister all the time haha. But she's kinda cool about it because she's into the all the dog breeds and genetics and stuff, so we often find similarities .
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Love the story of your name Ratchet! Can't wait to tell my daughter, Rachel, she will love it!
    Growing up she had people mispronouncing her name. How do you mispronounce "Rachel" ?
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks
    Haha love all these replies. I usually respond with, "Im doing snake stuff."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast