Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,051

1 members and 3,050 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Pretty sure I got a Hypo Super Ember...

Wow you got two amazing snakes there congrats! They are absolutely gorgeous! thanks for sharing

Keep us updated on them please if love to see what they look like with some more weight on them
    Last edited by AlexisFitzy; 08-29-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 711 Posts

Re: Pretty sure I got a Hypo Super Ember...

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Black eye lucy complex. It is a sulfur. The founding ember and sulfur were bought on the same day from the same place, yet for some reason the founding breeder keeps them separate as if they were different.....
    so yet another name for the same gene? lovely.

nice looking animals btw.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From what I remember, Dave wanted to call them fires, but was more or less told he couldn't by the originator of the fires because they were unproven. So he picked differrent names and then proved them out himself.

Is that right Dave?
    Last edited by MarkS; 08-29-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks

Yeah it looks like the fire gene and what it looks like in the super form.

Great job hitting the odds, that hypo is a stunner

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Cool There are probably about 10 Het Black Eyed Lucy genes

My two, as far as I know, were #2 and #3. If you REALLY want to know about the Sulfur and Ember genes, you can probably look up the stories here, or just google them. The Sulfur throws a high number, of high orange Supers. The Fire gene seems to throw a large number of slightly orange Supers. There are high orange Fires, but if you want consistently high orange Supers, the Sulfur is probably the way to go. So, if the Sulfur and Fire gene had been muddled up, it might be a crap shoot instead of an educated guess, as far as high orange Lucies. Haters are gunna hate I guess....but I have been over it for almost a decade now

Mark, you are correct in what you posted.

Dave

PS-Ohwhataloser, you forgot they were pulled from the same tank too. In there with a visual Ghost male, back when Ghost males were $2K. It looked to me like someone was putting together a Hypo breeding trio...the Ember and Sulfur females have a Hypo look, and things were way different back then.
    Last edited by EmberBall; 08-29-2015 at 10:22 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EmberBall For This Useful Post:

tacticalveterinarian (09-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: There are probably about 10 Het Black Eyed Lucy genes

Quote Originally Posted by EmberBall View Post
    My two, as far as I know, were #2 and #3. If you REALLY want to know about the Sulfur and Ember genes, you can probably look up the stories here, or just google them. The Sulfur throws a high number, of high orange Supers. The Fire gene seems to throw a large number of slightly orange Supers. There are high orange Fires, but if you want consistently high orange Supers, the Sulfur is probably the way to go. So, if the Sulfur and Fire gene had been muddled up, it might be a crap shoot instead of an educated guess, as far as high orange Lucies. Haters are gunna hate I guess....but I have been over it for almost a decade now

Mark, you are correct in what you posted.

Dave

PS-Ohwhataloser, you forgot they were pulled from the same tank too. In there with a visual Ghost male, back when Ghost males were $2K. It looked to me like someone was putting together a Hypo breeding trio...the Ember and Sulfur females have a Hypo look, and things were way different back then.
    Two animals acquired from the same place, look the same, produce the same super from what I have seen. Is it more likely they are different morphs or related? Even if you wanted to be sure, is there anything that doesnt point to them being the same? I would never say they are fires, difference is pretty obvious in the supers, you no doubt founded something unique, I just don't see the two lines as realistic

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I proved them out at different times.

I think there was a few years gap in proving the two out. When you get 20 emails a day asking about your project snakes, and then I ask which one, and they say didn't know you had two, can I see pics, ok, now which is which.....I decided to name them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: I proved them out at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by EmberBall View Post
    I think there was a few years gap in proving the two out. When you get 20 emails a day asking about your project snakes, and then I ask which one, and they say didn't know you had two, can I see pics, ok, now which is which.....I decided to name them.
    oh boy 666 posts.... lol

ok I can see keeping them separate then, but today why do you think there is some sort of difference between the sulfur and ember? I mean even in the same complex there have been other fire lines that after they were pretty much proven to be the same, they just call them fires now. We don't pretend the various different lines of pastel are different morphs, maybe besides perhaps citrus and that is just because they tend to also carry many of the traits to make the polygenetic fader/whiteout.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

se7en (08-30-2015)

BPnet Veteran tacticalveterinarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Great looking combo! Thanks for the clarification on the Ember lineage and a big thanks to Dave for proving/working with the Sulfur gene!

I really like the look of super Sulfurs and they are the jewels of my collection!

Here's a video of mine:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tacticalveterinarian For This Useful Post:

FluppleWott (09-05-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Your video shows....

why I never crossed mine. Great looking snakes.

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast