Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,472

2 members and 3,470 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

ideas for 20-long decorations

I'm curious as to what, if any, additions to my 20-long would be acceptable or preferable to spruce it up. Does anyone use plastic vines along the edges? What about things to climb/slither over? My snake does like to be somewhat active several times a night and I'd like to make it a good place for him to enjoy his wandering.

Thanks

Re: ideas for 20-long decorations

Here's how I have my 20 long set up. Both sides are mirror images of each other so my girl won't prefer one to the other. I have a plastic tropical plant in each corner with a small imitation rock hide in front of each plant. I placed a piece of drift wood in the center for climbing and the water dish in the center as well.

The plants have large leaves and my girl loves to lay under them. She feels like shes hidden because the leaves are nice and big. Sometimes she even climbs on them as high as she can get. She loves having the choice of hiding under her plants or in her hides. She even basks on top of the hides sometimes because the leaves over head keeps her feeling hidden.

Sorry, pics aren't that great. I had to use the flash because it's dark in there. It looks nicer in person

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Large fake plants is the way to go. That way, it fills up the tank and gives your snakes a place to hide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks

Here is one of my 20 long tanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks

Here are some other tanks as well

*sorry about the background it was taking during our last move

Edit: same bottom pic just a cropped one lol

Last edited by Calianea; 02-20-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks
    I like to wrap 2-3 sides of tanks in aquarium backgrounds - if you look, you can find ones that are pictures rocks and/or weeds, and not obviously "underwater" pictures. It really reduces the visual clutter of seeing cables, etc. through the tank, and helps the occupants feel more secure, and IMO looks nicer than plain paper.
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It's not so much a decoration, but I cut a piece out of a moss mat and rolled it up into a tube (it curls around itself anyway) and it acts like an additional hide. When the humidity gets low, I take it out and dampen it, then put it back, sort of like you would do with real moss. It seems to work well for both functions, in addition to adding more clutter.

Thanks

You guys are all awesome! Thank you so much for the inspiration and the pics. In a week or so when I do my first full clean out I intend to replace the aspen floor with Forest Floor, get a moss ball type item for humidity and definitely some driftwood. I'm also going to put a smaller water bowl in.

With respect to the plastic plants, how well do they do with the overhead red 75w heating lights. No melting issues are there?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think if your plastic plant can get hot enough to melt, your lamp is too close to anywhere your snake could go. Anything got enough to melt plastic is not somewhere you'd stick your hand; if it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for the snake. If you're worried, hold your hand up to the lamp at the distance of the plant for a few minutes. If that doesn't hurt, the plastic plant is not going to melt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jack jones View Post
    You guys are all awesome! Thank you so much for the inspiration and the pics. In a week or so when I do my first full clean out I intend to replace the aspen floor with Forest Floor, get a moss ball type item for humidity and definitely some driftwood. I'm also going to put a smaller water bowl in.

With respect to the plastic plants, how well do they do with the overhead red 75w heating lights. No melting issues are there?
    I've never had a problem with the 75w heat lamps melting the plastic plants so you should be just fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast