Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,880

1 members and 2,879 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I honestly don't know what the right answer is for this one.

I think you are going to have to make a judgement call. I just know what I would do in your shoes. Sorry I am not much more help than that.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanne For This Useful Post:

tyharp (08-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    I'm so sorry for your loss on this. That cord probably tangled because there is so much yolk left in the egg, I'm thinking it may have tangled after he crawled out. If there is a huge yolk on the other one the same thing may happen.

Thanks
    Thanks for the update this is a tough break but like you pointed out this information is helpful for all of us in the herp community.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Pied Clutch Problem - Only Two babies left!

This is very similar to a clutch I have now. 8 eggs were sitting perfect in the bator til about day 40. In a matter of a day and a half, 6 of the 8 died. The other two looked fine. Day 55 they dimpled like normal but I noticed one had developed a green spot so I decided to cut. One egg had a moving baby but was full of green fluid just like yours. The other also had green fluid but not as bad and the baby was not moving. I heated some distilled water in the bator over night then flushed the green fluid out. The eggs seemed to do better and two days later the babies were both moving and looked bigger. Day 58 the baby that wasn't moving on cut day had stopped moving again. Looks like it has passed or will soon. Hoping the one at least survives and I hope yours does as well

Thanks
    Dang. Sorry to hear that aLittleLessButter. We're in the same exact boat. I have one left that's still alive now. I'm just praying that it makes it. Good luck! I'll update this thread if the last one makes it out. I hope yours does too!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Green egg whites are a new one on me, but so I did a little bit of web searching using the key words neon green egg white. The color is not unique to ball pythons. One causefor green egg white in chickens is excess riboflavin/vitamin B2 in the diet. http://www.thepoultrysite.com/public...loured-whites/

On the other hand, an unusual number of dead embryos in a clutch would make me suspect a vitamin deficiency of some sort. IMO, an unusual number would be more than 25% of the clutch. Maybe both have a hand in the problem.

Good luck with your eggs, guys!

Thanks

My experience with green eggs could also mean that your humidity levels are a bit too high. If they aren't dimpling too bad, this could be the issue - the eggs may have absorbed too much water (possible condensation drip?), which they are unable to combat.

Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12