Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,103

1 members and 3,102 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Recommend a TV series !!'

The walking dead, best show ever on television!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smitty33 For This Useful Post:

Citrus (04-03-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Smile Re: Recommend a TV series !!'

I must say Tyler Perry's "the haves and the have nots" has brought me to a new awareness of embracing where you are at. Also how important it is to treat people who are less fortunate than you with respect and dignity. Just because someone can't help me they still need to be treated with dignity. Peace.

Thanks

iZombie, smart, quirky comic book TV adaption, first original Zombie thing in years, the title is unfortunate(named after the comic), almost passed it by because of it. Not trying to get too attached though, was a Heroes, Pushing Dasies and Firefly fan, too many good shows get canceled early, or the writer gives up on them after a season or two.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty33 View Post
    The walking dead, best show ever on television!!!
    My daughter raves about this but I tried an episode last night and gave up after 5 minutes !
    Two blokes opened a storage unit or something and found some zombies hiding in there and then there was 5 minutes of slaughtering a never ending supply of zombies .

Just don't get it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    My daughter raves about this but I tried an episode last night and gave up after 5 minutes !
    Two blokes opened a storage unit or something and found some zombies hiding in there and then there was 5 minutes of slaughtering a never ending supply of zombies .

Just don't get it !!
    You have to watch it from the beggining, it's a story. You can't just open a book you've never read before into the middle and expect it to make sense. First episode is somewhat slow but it picks up quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Shows I am caught up on: Defiance, Elementary, iZombie, Suits, The Blacklist, The Following. I am currently catching up on 12 Monkeys.

Newsroom was awesome but had a quick end in season 3 due to cancellation. My favorite is probably The Blacklist, just has the coolest story imo and you are always guessing whats next. iZombie looks like it has potential, it just started but I'm digging it so far. The Following is another cool story but this newest season doesn't have me feeling the greatest about the main characters.

I couldn't get into many of the "must see shows" breaking bad, walking dead, game of thrones, I gave each of them about 4 episodes before I said I guess these just aren't for me.

and if you don't mind anime: attack on titan (still playing) and samurai champloo are my favorites.

Thanks

I tried to watch most of the TV series that are highly recommended. But couldn't get into most of them. My top TV series of all time:

Friends - I watch it as a kid on and off but never finish the whole thing. Than I start going out with my current gf who is a big friends fan. Now I have watch thru the whole series at least 2 times and I still watches it. I like to have it as background when I'm doing house chores. Probabaly the only series I can watch over and over and over again.

Breaking bad - perfect character development and plot line from beginning to end. Probabaly won't watch it again but the epic ness is strong with this one. So epic that is it unbelievable sometimes.

Oz- the original prison drama. So much Greek style tragedy here. Some of the fate of the characters in here still haunts me.

The wire - in terms of TV making, this should be consider in ever higher regard than breaking bad. There is not main character. The city of Baltimore itself is the character. The fate of everyone in it is tragic yet full of hope. Not every season is good imo but it's incredible how you come to care for every single character and their by the very end. This is as close to real life as it can get for a TV show.

Orange is the new black - hooked after the first episode. Light hearted comedy with a serious message. Eagerly waiting for the next season. Good job Netflix.

Bates motel - this is a new unfinish show im giving a try. The first few season really draws you in. The story of Norman Bates from the original Hitchcock's "psycho". The actor for Norman here completely nail the character. Time will tell if this one will be another classic.
    1.4 Ball Python 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Bci

9. The Following User Says Thank You to threezero For This Useful Post:

Citrus (05-07-2015)

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

I like the walking dead, breaking bad, games of thrones, greys anatomy, scandal, once upon a time, downton abbey, revenge, the following, finding carter, American horror story, better call Saul, empire, how to get away with murder, Big Bang theory, and I guess I could go on to anime but that list deserves a separate post all together

Sent from iPhone 6 using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    I like the walking dead, breaking bad, games of thrones, greys anatomy, scandal, once upon a time, downton abbey, revenge, the following, finding carter, American horror story, better call Saul, empire, how to get away with murder, Big Bang theory, and I guess I could go on to anime but that list deserves a separate post all together

Sent from iPhone 6 using tapatalk
    Very similar tastes to mine !

Never sen Greys Anatomy though or Once upon a time

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Solarsoldier001 (05-08-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    You have to watch it from the beggining, it's a story. You can't just open a book you've never read before into the middle and expect it to make sense. First episode is somewhat slow but it picks up quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^this.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to se7en For This Useful Post:

Citrus (05-09-2015),Solarsoldier001 (05-11-2015)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234