Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,452

0 members and 2,452 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Over active?

Thanks

Over active?

Hi all so my first bp has just come through a bad shed, and after some changes due to good advise from here he's doing great. But since I've down sized his enclosure , changed his substrate etc he has been a lot more active, now before these changes I hardly ever saw him!
    If this is normal then that's great as I get to see him much more , I just wanted to double check that this is not stressed behaviour ?
    He is now active from 4pm till I go bed so all evening, and he is active in the morning for an hour or so. But today he had been out most of the day and still is. If I open the door he heads straight for the opening and will happily slide out onto my hand. I fed him 3days ago and he ate as usual, his second feed since the changes. He is only quiet and unseen for 24hrs following feed.
    Like I say I'm enjoying seeing him more as long as he's all good?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Nothing seems odd to me, but then I don't know your snake.

I can tell you that my adult changes her habits about every 6-8 wks. So as far as mine is concerned, not much is constant per se.

Best

Thanks

Re: Over active?

They are nocturnal and curious creatures. At least ours is. Once his nighttime begins and he's feeling well he will crawl around for a while before going back in his cave. Keep watching him, if you just changed a lot he may be adjusting still. Double and triple check that the temperatures are good and the humidity isn't too high or too low. He may have gotten hot/cold and that's why he wants to get out of the cage. Did he poop
    under his favorite hide? If he did maybe that's keeping
    him from settling down.

Thanks

Re: Over active?

I'm pretty sure his temps are ok, his ambients range from 86-75 , surface temps from 93-78. Humidity is around 60%.... He hasn't pooped since I've owned him? Around 10-11 weeks now