Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,145

0 members and 3,145 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Plasgad mortar tubs from HomeDepot no longer there, options?

Well all my rodent racks use the Plasgad brand tubs, and for some reason home depot switched brands. They now carry "oddjob" brand, and they aren't as nice, plus have a hole in each end that will have to be covered before use to prevent chew through, and little reenforcing webs under the side edges that actually extend below the lip of the tub a bit. Did a search online, and HD still lists them on it's website, so I ordered the replacements I needed. Guess what showed up? Yup, the other brand, even though I clicked on the plasgad brand. So I still have to call HD customer service, but has anyone else run into this? I hate to think I'm going to have to rebuild or scrap all my racks just due to the tubs, but are there any options? I guess this is as much a mild rant as anything, I hate it when this happens, have a couple snake racks I can't find tubs for as well. May go with vision tubs if I do have to switch, seems like they will be around a while yet. Maybe.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thanks

Re: Plasgad mortar tubs from HomeDepot no longer there, options?

I don't know about the brand, but I've been using these ones with no issues for 9 months now. No chew out, and they are from home Depot.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Do you have a Lowe's near you?

I posted on a similar OP earlier today (maybe it fell to the second Home page). We have some old cement mixing tubs that are black and very heavy duty. Never noticed a brand mark. Last time I checked, the tubs were still for sale for about $5 each. Maybe Lowe's still have them?

Frustrating how everything just seems to get relentlessly flimsier and shoddier!

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Lowes changed brands too.
    Their tubs look deeper and narrower than the ones I use.
    Glad I have a couple extras of each.

Thanks
    Well, I called HD customer service yesterday, and from everything they could figure it looks as if they just brought the new product in under the same item number as the old, so there is no way to get the specific ones I need. And after some searching I haven't been able to find another supplier. So I guess I'm hosed.
    BTW, the plasgad tubs are easy to identify. The medium tubs have a small keyhole shaped hole in the center of one end, and have a ruler molded into the top of the sides. I believe they also have the company name molded into the bottom outside somewhere. What really stinks is that I picked these originally because they had the thickest and sturdiest plastic out of any available from the big chains. Guess it's time to go searching again.

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

BPnet Veteran Jabberwocky Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Plasgad mortar tubs from HomeDepot no longer there, options?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbird View Post
    Well, I called HD customer service yesterday, and from everything they could figure it looks as if they just brought the new product in under the same item number as the old, so there is no way to get the specific ones I need. And after some searching I haven't been able to find another supplier. So I guess I'm hosed.
    BTW, the plasgad tubs are easy to identify. The medium tubs have a small keyhole shaped hole in the center of one end, and have a ruler molded into the top of the sides. I believe they also have the company name molded into the bottom outside somewhere. What really stinks is that I picked these originally because they had the thickest and sturdiest plastic out of any available from the big chains. Guess it's time to go searching again.

If the change over was recent, you may still be able to find some at an HD. As mentioned above, Lowes recently changed their tubs too and their new ones no longer fit my racks. After a search, I managed to find a few left at one Lowe's that hadn't quite finished selling all of their old stock yet. You could try calling or visiting a bunch of HD stores and you may get lucky as I did.

Thanks
    It's actually been several months since they changed stock, I went in a while back intending to get enough tubs to build another rack for ASFs, and they were out of stock. Went back a couple weeks later and they had the new ones. I thought maybe they were just having supply chain issues, and hoped it was temporary. I also didn't figure on it being an issue finding a supplier elsewhere for them, even if it drove up the cost a bit due to shipping. And I did stop at a couple HDs and they had the new style tubs. So I'm going to measure the new ones since the dimensions seem close, along with going to Lowes and Menard's both to see what their current offerings are. I just know that I have 2 empty slots right now that I will need to be able to have rats in soon. Oh well, change is part of life I guess. Thanks for the suggestions.