Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,377

2 members and 3,375 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

New to breeding what to pair with my current collection

This will be my first year breeding ball pythons. I've always had ball pythons, never more than one at a time though. I've decide to look up breeding and all the different morphs and became obsessed with the idea of breeding and creating neat looking balls. I did my homework for a few months and Started buying supplies for the project bins racks and all the necessities.. I thought maybe I will start with a regular that I currently had and just buy a male to pair her to. Well it didn't quite work like that. Went to my first reptile show back in September with a "strict" budget of $200. I instantly fell more in love with the hobby. So that strict budget was quickly expanded and I ended up leaving with 6 ball pythons.

so now I'm just curious and need some opinions on what you guys think I should pair together.here is the list of the females and males that are ready to breed another question is what are your opinions on breeding different males to one female.

FEMALES
    normal
    white diamond
    pied

MALES
    pewter
    bumble bee
    mojave
    het pied

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Re: New to breeding what to pair with my current collection

well first off you can pair more than one male to a female however that makes it harder to know exactly what genes the babies have when dealing with certan genes
    of course you will want to pair the het pied and pied
    I would pair the pewter and or the bee to the normal and the mojave to the wd
    you should consider getting a few more females tho if you are searous about breeding or hold back a few that you produce
    I have 16 snakes total and only 2 breeder males and 1 juvie male makes it easyier to make parings when you have more females than males
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks
    I never knew a guy who had more males and females lol. But it's up to you idk what a white diamond is but it sounds exotic. I'll just pair the bumblebee or pewter (whoever will lock) to all the females

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    As said above, your collection is unbalance. you should try to get more girls and trade or sell all of your males for one or two power house breeder.( white diamond is a super Russo. blue eyes leucistic. ) For those 3 females you have, i would buy a Champagne enchi + one of those genes: special, mystic, phantom.

i explain myself here:

1.your male will be a stunner himself.
    2.champagne enchi are stunning too.
    3. het. pied champagne is a pied looking snakes also super cool looking.
    4. het. russo pairs great with those special, mystic, phantom.
    5. this male will allowed you to carry other projects if you get females like: lesser, OD, pastel, leopard... for the most obvious.
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

Thanks

Re: New to breeding what to pair with my current collection

I forgot to mention I do have 3 more females who aren't yet up to size or age to be bred. A pastel g stripe, albino and a banana. But thanks for the info will definetly look for a champagne enchi male or a male with multiple genes. And was planing on a mystic as well for the wd hopefully to produce a invisiball. Thanks again for all the helpful information very much appreciated