Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,987

3 members and 2,984 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Re: Deforming in the mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM75 View Post
    I had the clutch from Candino male to Albino girl where the babies came out just like this. My male has bred to 4 girls and where I do still have 2 clutches in the incubator, I did have 1 clutch hatch out and had 6 or 7 great babies, no issues what so ever, so I am pretty sure it isn't the male, but it was the first clutch of the Albino girl. I also did not have any big temperature swings or anything like that. I am unsure at the moment if I will do the same pairing next year or not to see if it was a fluke or possibly the female or just this specific pairing.
    I'm hoping the issue is with the pairing. The mother is a first time mom. I don't want to repeat this pairing again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    Thanked 9,857 Times in 4,778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    How long do you wait as far as the babies? Me and my boyfriend are talking about it all the time. I told him to wait till the others come out to do it all together , because we don't know when is the right time. or should we just do it now with the ones that are out already? I just don't know which way is right. I don't think they are suffering from hunger at this moment. They did absorb the yolk. So that's what I mean as a far as I don't know. We are having an issue of "when is the right time"?
    Normally a hatchling wouldn't eat until a week or so after the first shed anyway. Honestly I'm the type that would give them all a fighting chance just to make sure I'm making the right decision: if it eats, then great - that snake will go to a pet home. If they can't eat I would euthanize it and cry afterward. Some of them, like the albino that already died, may make the decision for you.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (10-20-2014),Shann (09-20-2014)

Thanks

So sorry ):
    I really hope it's just a coincidence this time or connected to the pairing so that she can still be a good mom in the future.
    Poor babies :/
    MikeM75 I mentioned you earlier (posted a link to your thread), just in case it helped them out any.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

I honestly have no idea how a baby is supposed to eat with no under jaw. Two of the ones that are out have no under jaw. One kinda does. This is challenging enough already. Especially for only being our second
    Time breeding. I don't know what to do
    Sadly depending on how short the lower jaw is the only humane thing to do will be to euthanize them, it's not easy however if the animal cannot eat on it's own and has to be assisted their is no quality of life.

It is hard even when you have been breeding for a while making this type of decision is not easy but one that is necessary, this is the part of breeding that is not fun but that we all face.

Hopefully the other clutch will be perfect.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (10-20-2014),bcr229 (09-18-2014),Billy305 (09-18-2014),GoingPostal (09-20-2014),joebad976 (09-18-2014),MikeM75 (09-19-2014),Shann (09-20-2014),Solarsoldier001 (09-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Sadly depending on how short the lower jaw is the only humane thing to do will be to euthanize them, it's not easy however if the animal cannot eat on it's own and has to be assisted their is no quality of life.

It is hard even when you have been breeding for a while making this type of decision is not easy but one that is necessary, this is the part of breeding that is not fun but that we all face.

Hopefully the other clutch will be perfect.

They are severely short I can not imagine them eating on their own. I can't imagine having to euthanize but I'll have to man up and do what's best for them.

Graphic pic of albino below before it passed showing jaw.

Thanks

That's incredibly sad. I hope I don't seem insensitive or anything, but it kind of makes them look like little sharks, and that's kind of cute..:s But, I am sorry about all this, feel better!

Thanks

Im so sorry thst this has happened.

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

Thanks

We cut all the eggs from the other clutch. We got 4 albinos and 3 normal looking animals. We could see two of the normals faces. And from what we can tell they look normal. Hopefully they all are fine. We'll update as we see

Sent from iPhone 5 using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

The other clutch has one head out and looks pretty good

Sent from iPhone 5 using tapatalk

Thanks
    Good luck. I am so sorry about the other clutch. I would be devastated in that situation. That's one of the many things that I'm trying to prepare for just in case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast