Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,576

1 members and 1,575 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

I need your opinions on this one.

Hello,

So next week I can get a new phone with my subscription.

Now we do not have a professional camera (yet) so the phone also needs to have a good camera to do the job in the meantime.

I asked at the store what phone should be able to do the job, they came up with the huawei P9 (plus).
    The main problem I have currently is that the S5 has bad focus... (instead of getting a close up it goes blurry)

I also did some research myself and I am still in doubt between the huawei p9 (plus) and the samsung s7 (edge).

The question basically is: Who of you use your phone for photo's and have either 1 of these and or recommend what to pay attention to!

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by PitOnTheProwl; 09-26-2016 at 05:53 AM. Reason: language

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Re: I need your opinions on this one.

I take the majority of my pictures with an S6 and really like the results. Haven't played with the S7, but I can't imagine there's been a downgrade in the camera.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Thanks
    Samsung phones always take excellent pictures. I had an s6 before my current phone and was pleased with image quality. From the reviews I've read, it still looks like the S7 beats the P9 in camera performance. Granted, I don't think you'll be disappointed in either phone.

With that in mind, they'll never be able to replace a true DSLR. Even my $200 Olympus mirrorless takes vastly better pictures than any phone I've owned ever could.
    "If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." -RR

My friends live in tubs.

Thanks

Re: I need your opinions on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    I take the majority of my pictures with an S6 and really like the results. Haven't played with the S7, but I can't imagine there's been a downgrade in the camera.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Aye, thing is that even though the S7 does great in darker lights, it tents to "orange" out pictures at times... hence this topic hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeanoid View Post
    Samsung phones always take excellent pictures. I had an s6 before my current phone and was pleased with image quality. From the reviews I've read, it still looks like the S7 beats the P9 in camera performance. Granted, I don't think you'll be disappointed in either phone.

With that in mind, they'll never be able to replace a true DSLR. Even my $200 Olympus mirrorless takes vastly better pictures than any phone I've owned ever could.
    Aye I do not think I will be disappointed, just I heard that the s7 gives a more orange hue to the picture while the p9 stays true to it's colour.
    It is just for upcoming season, hopefully have the money together for the '17-'18 season for a camera (eye currently is on the D3400 then again I am a bit of a noob with cameras ..