Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,102

0 members and 3,102 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Updated baby horse pictures (1 year old now)

We had a buckskin and a palomino filly that were born last May. We kept the buckskin and sold the palomino about a month ago so I don't have any pictures of her. We sold her to my mom's coworker so we can still see her, I think she'll be in 4H against my sister and the buckskin filly this summer!

My mare

My mare is 14.1 hands, not tall by any means, but the year old filly is taller than her already!!!! Her mom is 15.1 and I'd say she's the same height as her mom if not taller!

I thought this one was cute

A really evil mare we have until we get rid of her. She's very rideable, but she's a grump!!! She's usually off by herself in the field because none of the horses like her.

The buckskin filly's mom (ignore the crap on the fence, my granny )

Thanks

Re: Updated baby horse pictures (1 year old now)

stephanie,
    Congrats on the purdy horse!!
    BUT please take off the halters.. those things are death traps waiting to happen on any type of fencing and trees..
    PLEASE
    Carol

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montessa Python View Post
    stephanie,
    Congrats on the purdy horse!!
    BUT please take off the halters.. those things are death traps waiting to happen on any type of fencing and trees..
    PLEASE
    Carol
    Trust me, I would take them off if I could. They are on my granny's land and my granny won't let us take off the halters because she has to move them sometimes and she's afraid of the evil one. Once I get my own land they won't have halters, but till then they have to have halters. That's how it's been for the last 5 years.

Thanks

Good looking horses. I hope to own a few one day.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The momma and her buckskin baby are really pretty!!! I'd take the momma in a heartbeat. And the evil one is pretty cute too. Poor misunderstood evil mares....

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZinniaZ View Post
    The momma and her buckskin baby are really pretty!!! I'd take the momma in a heartbeat. And the evil one is pretty cute too. Poor misunderstood evil mares....
    I don't know what her deal is. She's fine with people, but I don't think there is a horse on this earth that could get along with her!

My sister will like to hear that you love her mare. My mom went and picked up that bay mare for my 11 year old sister (now 14) when she was GREEN broke! I could have killed my mom, but the mare turned out to just love my sister and has always rode better for her than anyone else.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Maybe she wasn't turned out with other horses when she was younger-- who knows...

I really do like that bay mare. I'm glad the old "green on green" warnings were not true in your sister's case! Good for her.

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic

Thanks

Beautiful horses! It never ceases to amaze me how fast they grow, and how quickly they can catch their parents in size.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZinniaZ View Post
    Maybe she wasn't turned out with other horses when she was younger-- who knows...

I really do like that bay mare. I'm glad the old "green on green" warnings were not true in your sister's case! Good for her.
    That could be, I have no clue. We didn't get her till she was 16, but I do know that she was a brood mare. She's been with our family for a few years now so it's not like we're in a HUGE hurry to get rid of her. She's bounced around from farm to farm but she always ends up back at ours because she chases other horses around in the pasture when people are around and it's dangerous for nonexperienced horse people to deal with. So....hopefully we'll find her a good home with someone that doesn't have any other horses!

Lol no kidding about that! I could have killed my mom!!!! Thank GOD she was/is a good horse for my sister! She has one issue that scares me, when she lopes she bucks. We've been told that she's lazy and doesn't want to lope , she's gotten better and only does a small buck rather than one that throws you through the air. Of course she hardly does a thing when my sister lopes her

Quote Originally Posted by Jyson View Post
    Beautiful horses! It never ceases to amaze me how fast they grow, and how quickly they can catch their parents in size.
    That's for sure!!!! It's absolutely amazing!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Bucking could be her way of getting her back in order for the loping. Some green horses haven't figured out their bodies yet and they need to buck to sort of chiropractically adjust themselves for cantering.

Or it could be that she doesn't like people other than your sister telling her what to do!

~~ZinniaZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast