Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,880

1 members and 2,879 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Question about breeding a Fire with a Fire...

I used a Genetics Calculator and from what I can tell I get a 25% chance at Normals, 50% chance at Fires, and 25% chance of Super Fires! Are these correct calculations? Because I LOVE the look of the Super Fire Ball Python and would love to get the chance to breed one, thanksss!
    1.0 Fire Ball Python

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snake Man 27 For This Useful Post:

steve_r34 (02-28-2015)

Thanks
    U got it
    1.1 het pied ,1.1 pastel,1. butter, .1 spider , .1 fire ph ghost , .1 pastave

Thanks
    If i can suggest something. Super fires (Black eyed lecustics) arent crazy expensive. If you were to factor in the cost of buying, raising and feeding a male and female fire it would be way cheaper just to buy the snake you want in the first place. Especially considering it would still only be a 25% chance. There will be a crap ton of baby snakes hatching in a few months so wait for the perfect super fire.
    0.1 Firefly Lesser
    1.1 Firefly Het Pied
    0.1 Lesser
    0.1 Vanilla Cream
    0.1 Flame Pinstripe
    0.1 Black Pewter Ghost
    0.1 Pastel Calico Leopard het Pied
    0.1 Super Pastel Axanthic
    1.1 Piebald
    1.0 Superfly
    1.0 Mimosa
    1.1 Hypo Trans Bearded Dragons
    2.0 French Bulldogs
    0.1 Russian Blue Cat

Thanks
    The odds of any super or visual recessive are all the same because supers and recessives follow mostly the same rules (you need two copies of the same gene to see a super or a visual recessive). To clarify here, a single gene expression is where the parents have one copy of the gene in question (a het recessive, or a regular codom gene), and a dual gene expression has two copies (a visual recessive or a super codom). Forgive me if my terms are a little off, but the math is as follows;

Single gene expression + single gene expression = 25% no expression, 50% single gene expression, 25% dual gene expression.

Single gene expression + dual gene expression = 0% no expression, 50% single gene expression, 50% dual gene expression.

Single gene expression + no gene expression = 50% no expression, 50% single gene expression, 0% dual gene expression.

Dual gene expression + dual gene expression = 0% no expression, 0% single gene expression, 100% dual expression.

Dual gene expression + no expression = 0% no expression, 100% single gene expression, 0% dual gene expression.

I hope this clears it up a little and doesn't cause any more confusion.

BPnet Senior Member CD CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 658 Posts

Re: Question about breeding a Fire with a Fire...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDallek View Post
    If i can suggest something. Super fires (Black eyed lecustics) arent crazy expensive. If you were to factor in the cost of buying, raising and feeding a male and female fire it would be way cheaper just to buy the snake you want in the first place. Especially considering it would still only be a 25% chance. There will be a crap ton of baby snakes hatching in a few months so wait for the perfect super fire.
    x2

Thanks

Re: Question about breeding a Fire with a Fire...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDallek View Post
    Valid point! But you can't put a price on producing your own snakes! Yea super fire is cheap now but producing ur own is priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk