Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,622

2 members and 1,620 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Looking good Thumpa!

Any nerve issues with the jag? I hope not, it's a really nice looking snake.

Thanks
    Gio, being a total newbie to carpets (and exotics in general since I've been a keep-what-I-catch kinda guy my whole life), I was unaware of the existence of neuro issues in Jags until right when I was buying her. She was too beautiful to pass up so I figured I'd take my chances, but I've been paranoid about the issue, read up on it, looked for videos, etc. I understand that neuro problems sometimes show later, but I really haven't noticed anything that unusual in the time I've had her. In fact, one of the reasons I was in a hurry to get my Zebra was so I'd have a "normal" carpet for comparison. There is one thing I've noticed that may be a minor sign or may simply be paranoia on my part, and that is a tendency for her to go "up." If I'm holding her, she sometimes starts stretching outward, heading straight up - almost like she wants to climb onto my ceiling fan but doesn't realize she'll come up about 6 feet short. However, there is never any lack of coordination, and when she goes up (and she will extend quite a way), she never falls backward or anything like that. If I weren't paranoid about neuro issues, I don't think it is something I would have noticed much. My Zebra does something similar when handled, just not as pronounced. In general, even from day one, she almost seems to enjoy being handled, and is definitely less skittish than my Zebra and never strikes an aggressive pose.
    Last edited by Thumpa; 12-20-2014 at 01:23 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thumpa For This Useful Post:

Gio (12-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Freshly shed Jungle Jag

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpa View Post
    Gio, being a total newbie to carpets (and exotics in general since I've been a keep-what-I-catch kinda guy my whole life), I was unaware of the existence of neuro issues in Jags until right when I was buying her. She was too beautiful to pass up so I figured I'd take my chances, but I've been paranoid about the issue, read up on it, looked for videos, etc. I understand that neuro problems sometimes show later, but I really haven't noticed anything that unusual in the time I've had her. In fact, one of the reasons I was in a hurry to get my Zebra was so I'd have a "normal" carpet for comparison. There is one thing I've noticed that may be a minor sign or may simply be paranoia on my part, and that is a tendency for her to go "up." If I'm holding her, she sometimes starts stretching outward, heading straight up - almost like she wants to climb onto my ceiling fan but doesn't realize she'll come up about 6 feet short. However, there is never any lack of coordination, and when she goes up (and she will extend quite a way), she never falls backward or anything like that. If I weren't paranoid about neuro issues, I don't think it is something I would have noticed much. My Zebra does something similar when handled, just not as pronounced. In general, even from day one, she almost seems to enjoy being handled, and is definitely less skittish than my Zebra and never strikes an aggressive pose.
    All sounds good. I think you really scored there.

I'm typically not a morph guy with any species of snake, but you have two extremely beautiful specimens there.

The yellow on that jag is just unreal!

Carpets a great aren't they!?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12