Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,520

3 members and 3,517 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Were/Are you a Dork? Is your kid?

Quote Originally Posted by sg1trogdor View Post
    No columbine was because of Marilyn Manson and TV. <----not laughing at columbine itself.
    no! it was not! it was simply because those two boys had brain problems. idc if you are picked on...you dont kill people. ive been picked on and ive seen people get picked on...even picked on people myself. tv and such is not an exuse for those two demented ass boys. people like you give them a pass and blame it on others. tv and manson didnt pull the trigger.

and bullying is cruel...but its a part of life. it will never go away. but friends and family should be there for its victoms. it goes away.. in 9th grade a senior was picking on me pretty bad for the first semester. second semeseter rolled around and i picked a fight with him and beat his ass. i didnt blame it on tv. i blamed myself for not bein the bigger man and controlling my temper. i sank to his level. but for the next four years i was not picked on haha

1.1 Het Albino BP
    1.0 Banded king
    1.1 Amelanistic Het Anerythristic Corns
    1.1 Het Albino Western Hognose
    0.1 Garter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Qetu For This Useful Post:

hoax (07-19-2009)

Thanks

I was different in school. But anyone who tried to pick on me lost some teeth. My son is only 4 and when he is a little older he will learn how to box and wrestle. Anyone that tries to bully my son will get hammered.
    I dont believe in fighting but i do believe in defending ones self. And any fight can quickly become a life or death situation. So im making sure my son will be more prepared then the other guy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkice For This Useful Post:

dc4teg (07-07-2009)

Thanks

well i wouldnt have consider myself a bully but when people messed with my friends scince i was big i would stand up and intimidate the people messing with them
    1.0 Normal ball python
    and my other animals 1.1 dogs

BG and Skiploder fan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

What if you are being pick on online by a guy named Wilomn?

Just kidding

Couldnt help myself

7. The Following User Says Thank You to West Coast Jungle For This Useful Post:

hoax (07-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Jungle View Post
    What if you are being pick on online by a guy named Wilomn?

Just kidding

Couldnt help myself
    Now Raul, you KNOW I'd never do that to anyone....

that didn't really deserve it.

LOL
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

This subject has always been in my mind. I was a skinny little kid who was picked on A LOT in school, then it seemed one day I went from being 6'02" and 160 to being 230 and stout as could be. That is when I started to beat up the bullies. I am an introvert mostly, but I get fired up easily.

I have always marched to my own drums, and I have very thick skin. But when I see someone else getting picked on I want to just kick the you-know-what out of the guy doing the picking. Not many people mess with me now days, and I teach my kids to live like that and be themselves. If a kid at school tries to bully them and they punch the kid in self defense or in someone else's defense, they may get in trouble at school, but we reward it in our house.

BTW: The whole Columbine thing was not because they got picked on or were misunderstood. Contrary to the runaway rumors, they actually were the ones taunting and terrorizing others most of the time. You can not pin that incident down to just one thing in the first place. A mixture of bad parenting, environmental influences, mental problems, and many other things are involved in that whole ordeal, but that is for another thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DM1975 For This Useful Post:

llovelace (07-19-2009)

Thanks

I wasn't popular. I was picked on somewhat, but frankly, I don't/didn't care. Some people take it to heart, others don't and move on.

Could be type A and B personalities. I might be type C. Whatever that is. >.>;;

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qetu View Post
    no! it was not! it was simply because those two boys had brain problems. idc if you are picked on...you dont kill people. ive been picked on and ive seen people get picked on...even picked on people myself. tv and such is not an exuse for those two demented ass boys. people like you give them a pass and blame it on others. tv and manson didnt pull the trigger.
    They were being sarcastic...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    Kids being bullied and then becoming gun-toting mass murderers is a common myth behind Columbine.. that's not the real story.
    Hey I had my fare share of thinking about wanting to do stupid stuff but I always reminded myself that, that road only ends at one place no matter which end of it you come out on.

Those boys were sick and their parents paid little attention to what they were doing.

Mike
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hoax For This Useful Post:

llovelace (07-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

I like to think of myself as an easy going parent, I was picked really bad on once in grade school, I came home & told my mom, and she told me that if anyone puts their hands on you "clean their clock".

I pretty much raised my kids the same way, with the exception that if someone is starting in on them they need to give the person a warning/chance to walk away.

My wonderful son has always been a gentle giant he's 6'4" and still a sweet kid at 21
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123