Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,091

2 members and 3,089 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Faith, hope, and love.

I don't know if you can call this a "poem". I follow no rules, but I like the results .. and I thought I would share.

Faith, hope and love

By Samuel Willman

Faith, hope, and love

I have been told all my life that Jesus is love

And not only does Jesus love, but his love is never ceasing and without condition, while the confusion in my brain is increasing.

Sinner

I knew that I was innately bound to die in a fiery pit if I did not read his word and live it daily.

So I read it.

I grew older and even more meaningful were the stories and emotions. I grew to adore this group of believers instilling in me this reason for living.

I was blind. I hid.

My mind was chewing on why am I hearing these things about love, acceptance, and hope still feeling the sting they bring.

Who decided that all people are or sacred worth except you, and you... and me.

When did Jesus add amendments to the offer to all in partaking of the sacred gift that is he to exclude anyone that doesn't look like a certain group, that doesn't talk like a certain group, that doesn't conform, love, live, feel, and come from the same background as a certain group?

When did God add that 11th commandment that reads "Thou shall not question the masses and follow your heart, for the consequences are hell and shame"?

We live in a society that confuses man's will as God's will all too often, and we are quick to recite words that make our hatred and hypocrisy seem less sinful. After all, who can argue with God's word? Only the sinners and condemned would.

Never mind that in the same book you are reciting from included verses that would justify sacrifice and stoning, condemns eating pork and shellfish while promoting slavery.

Sinner

Do not think that I have issues with the Bible or Religion, but I have issues with people hiding behind the conveniences in the book while pretending the challenges have no bearing.

Accepted or condemned doesn't by design mean right or wrong. God's creation and will is one thing that should never be questioned, though mans influence and interruption is fair game.

Faith, hope, and love. The greatest of these is love.

Blindly following without thoughtful questioning is a dangerous combination.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Faith, hope, and love.

....thoughtful questioning....

Who answers the questions?

((Just a heads up...this thread my be moved to the QT room if it turns into a religious debate...but I'll leave it here for as long as I can. ))
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Thank You for this post
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think following anything without understanding is unwise. Whether its politics, religion or boxing. Following without a desire to understand is dumb.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    ....thoughtful questioning....

Who answers the questions?

((Just a heads up...this thread my be moved to the QT room if it turns into a religious debate...but I'll leave it here for as long as I can. ))
    Following society and what is told to you without questioning motives and sources is what I was talking about, so I guess .. you answer the questions yourself.

and I know that it may be a big debate trigger, but I hope it doesn't become that. Thanks for allowing it to stay for at least a little while.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Following society and what is told to you without questioning motives and sources is what I was talking about, so I guess .. you answer the questions yourself.

and I know that it may be a big debate trigger, but I hope it doesn't become that. Thanks for allowing it to stay for at least a little while.
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting that anyone blindly follow without asking questions and seeking understanding. I was just wondering where you seek your answers from...who among us ever has enough knowledge and undestanding to Know?

That said...it's more of a rhetorical question meant to get folks to think even a little deeper about the subject. I appreciate what you wrote and it sparked a very thoughtful tone for the day.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

To quote a wise man, "Thou art God, all that groks is God."

Means all the answers are there, you just have to be willing to access and accept.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

I may be just learning about "Balls" but this is something I know alot about. To blindly follow people who claim expertice is religion. To get to know and Follow God is relationship. There are many who have been killed, ostracized, or shunned in the name of "religion" God never turns any away. Keep questioning those who say "I know" but never doubt God or his Love

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tonkatoyman For This Useful Post:

JLC (06-01-2009)