Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,139

2 members and 3,137 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Fun with words

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Fun with words

Words amuse me. It's fun to string them together.

Now, if I could just figure a way to get paid for doing this.

And yes, it's all one sentence on purpose.

He looked up through the bamboo shaded water and saw me watching him
    challenge the current and in turn, he observed me looking at him, the current
    sweeping him far more quickly than it appeared to be moving, so clear and still to casual perusal, until the lone leaf or tumbling branch goes rushing by, supported by nothing, struggling and turning, bumping sand and rock without pause or concern in its inevitable journey downstream, he himself, swimmer, diver and champion holder of breath, was by it…..captured, ensnared, trapped, unable to break free, to attain purchase on any of the slippery ooze covered havens provided wayward or, perhaps even unwilling, travelers to help survive the peril fraught journey ending when the clear sweet liquid that will then have carried him so long and far will relinquish, perhaps gently, perhaps not so, our journeyed traveler to currents of vastly greater strength and darker depths, salty as blood but not for the drinking of, water of the Great Wide Sea, the very blood of the Earth Herself, upon whom those who venture forth so bravely are seldom seen again; I knowing, he knowing I knew as his head cocked further to the right, the angle even greater the longer to keep my countenance in sight, a slow webbed kick or flick by foot to maintain equilibrium in the liquid medium of The Stream, sharing a scant thirty seconds of his chelonian life and then forever gone, swept away as he was brought, riding the back of an unseen and transparent worm forever gliding, sliding, riding the currents that are its very life.

It is, indeed, a true story.
    Last edited by wilomn; 04-04-2009 at 09:30 PM.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Re: Fun with words

I liked it.