Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,918

1 members and 2,917 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

She tried to eat me!!

Hello everyone,
    I am a lurker on this site and never a poster but I wanted to share my feeding story from last night. I have a 600g normal female named Lucy who is a MONSTER feeder, she will eat anything that I offer her with no hesitation at all. I swear that she would probably eat until she burst if she was on her own in a field of rodents (probably what she dreams about). So anyways, yesterday I decided to try something new that I read about here because I have several problem feeders...I defrosted the rodents in the room to pre-scent. While it didn't work for my problem feeders , ALL of my good feeders were out at the front of their tubs peering at me through the air holes (kinda creepy).

When it came to Lucy's turn, I opened her tub...she shot out...past the mouse...past the 12" tongs...and landed on my finger all the way up to my first knuckle. Her body then wrapped around my wrist a zillion times and then she proceeded to squeeze the life out of my hand. After the initial shock of seeing the predicament my hand was in along with the mouse and tongs on the floor (guess I dropped them)...I felt the pain. OMG...what pain it was!! Little razor blades working themselves into my finger and the squeeze of death was just too much for me (I vaguely thought that this is what a live rodent feels in its last minutes)...I started yelling for someone to come save me. At least somehow I knew enough to not whip my hand around or she would squeeze tighter. My spouse runs in and just stands here too shocked to do anything...and probably too scared too as well...asking "what do I do, what do I do?". Lucy is working her way up my finger to try to "kill" my hand and I'm thinking I might have to pry her mouth off with the tongs but I don't want to because I don't want to hurt her. I can see that now there is blood showing through my gloves, so I start to unwind her body....then miraculously she lets go of my finger (she probably got a taste of my blood and knows something is off). So then I just calmly unwind her and place her back in her tub, offer her the mouse again, and she took it like nothing happened....and took a 2nd mouse like 10 minutes later...freaking PIG. Wow, what a fiasco. Today my finger is speckled with tiny tooth marks and some slices, a little red and throbby, but I am fine. So there is my story, I hope you enjoyed it...I sure won't ever forget it
    ~~Kris Hardy
    See my collection ---> www.iherp.com/fizzgig77
    www.klhreptiles.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: She tried to eat me!!

That's freaky but also pretty sweet! I've always wanted one of my snakes to constrict my arm just to see how tight they get... kinda weird lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Lol, I doubt it is anything personal

Sounds like she just missed really badly, haha.
    ~Steffe

Thanks

lol thats too funny. but a word of advice if you get one thats constricting. run them under tepid water and they usually release immediatly.
    1.0 Ball Python: Monty
    0.1 Red Tail boa: Dixie
    0.1 Tree Boa: Carmen

Thanks

Hi! *waves from Springfield* and welcome to the forum!
    Cute story, bet you were pretty shaken up!

Thanks

Hello *waves back to Kim*, I am in Framingham. I know that it was nothing personal lol....just REALLY REALLY bad aim. I guess I was so shocked that it was actually happening to me I couldnt really think straight...all I could think of was that it hurt like a b*tch!
    ~~Kris Hardy
    See my collection ---> www.iherp.com/fizzgig77
    www.klhreptiles.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL, your ball sounds like my Anaconda, well not that shes ever tried to eat me, but in the form that she eats anything. Nice story though, just take care of that finger, and I don't know about pre-scenting the room anymore not with her, lol.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Your husband didn't take pics of her latched onto your hand, we love pics! Glad you both survived the incident
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have a large female like that she has the strongest feeding response of all my BP, she will literally fly out of her tub if you’re not careful and she did get my knuckle once and wrapped herself around my wrist . It’s not personal she just means business when dinner is served!

Now that you know what your female is capable of you should always open the tub with caution just in case she is ready before you are

A spray bottle with water in it will do the trick, all you have to is spray water into her nostril if it happens again.

If she doesn’t let go then a little Listerine will do as well.

And remember it could be worse but thanksfully it’s only a ball python
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

KLHReptiles (04-02-2009)