Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,987

1 members and 2,986 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: what is best python to breed with normal bp

Did you know that most responsible breeders dont breed to thier own male.... its very rare that the male they own matches their females.... (example weak hind quartered female would be bred to a stronger hind quarter male) You know matching the females weakness to a male that brings out the best quality in the puppies. So yes I still think that you were an irresponsible breeder using your 1 male to your 3 females... no way your odds are that good.

Champion lined and champion sired means nothing... the dogs being bred have to be proven. Papers dont prove a dog, a dog proves a dog. You got lucky I will say that, you got ignorant people to fall into the champion sired/lined crap. I commend you on that but most people will believe anything you tell them especially if they think they are getting high quality.

And its terriEr... most breeders.. even bad ones... know how to spell their breed.
    Tina
    0.1.1 Normal Ball Pythons- Hubert and Cefira
    2.1 Pitbulls- Roscoe. Jake. Ellie
    1.0 Great Pyrenees- Kodiak
    0.0.1 Yellow Spotted Salamander- Salamander
    0.1 Marbled Salamander- Mandie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky88 View Post
    me and my friend both got an american staffordshire terrior when we were about 12 and then a year later got 2 more and then just kept building up with the other breeds and while we were in the process of getting all the dogs we had planned to get(4 years) we studied studied STUDIED!!! Really thats all i am trying to do here and if the time comes that i have all my bp's and still dont know what im doing, I wont do it until i know how to.
    Then actually study the stickies we constantly link you to and stop posting the same questions over and over again. We're not trying to be asses about this, it just gets really annoying after awhile when we tell you to READ ALL 160 PAGES OF THE STICKY and you just refuse. Basically that's an insult to people on here who are just trying to help you out when you keep coming back with the same questions you just asked when we already linked you the answers...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky88 View Post
    yes they were all proven had champ lines and were all proven champ sired. And really the titles arent as expensive as you make it seem. and i only breed a female 2 times and then sold her. and i didnt get her pregnant right after the pups poped out. I gave them a year break. and i was able to do this because i had 3 pit females 3 am staff females and 2 bulldog females. and one male of each. by time the females had there pups 2 seperate times over a 3 year period they were sold and then 2-3 pups of each were kept to breed then the rest were sold. I know you guys thinks im not to bright and irresponsible but really i care about all kinds of animals and would never do anything to harm them. and making a dog have 2 litters over a 3 year period is not dangerous. and i know you say you dont want to argue and neither do i. I just wanted to put my two cents in and show im not a ignorant or irresposible. i am trying to learn about genetics and breeding bp's and until i am sure i have it down i will not attempt it so to everybody PLEASE STOP GETTING BENT OUT OF SHAPE JUST BECAUSE I AM ASKING QUESTIONS. correct me if i am wrong but that is what this web site was made for right, to help eachother help there pythons, correct?
    so you sold off your females when they wernt of use to you anymore? that shows you cared so much about your dogs and you were just in it for the money. Also you kept 2-3 pups to breed, so you inbred as well?
    Ball pythons: 1.2 pastel, 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 mojave(green) 0.1 spider, 1.0 het pied, 1.0 het clown, 1.1 het albino, 0.1 pos het albino, 1.0 shatter, 0.2 normals, 0.1 reduced pattern, 0.3 dinkers
    Corn snakes: 1.0 blood, 0.1 het blood, 0.1 snow, 0.0.1 reverse okeetee
    Geckos: 2.1.2 crested gecko, 0.0.1 leopard gecko
    Boas: 1.0.1 sand boas
    Other: 1.1 mini australian shepherd, 2.0 cats

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nagini88 View Post
    so you sold off your females when they wernt of use to you anymore? that shows you cared so much about your dogs and you were just in it for the money. Also you kept 2-3 pups to breed, so you inbred as well?
    While I don't think half the information he gives is accurate, most breeders of anything will hold back females and sell the rest. What do you think all the big snake breeders do? They hold back their best animals and sell the rest to keep the business going. It is a fine line but as long as the animals are healthy it is ok. As far as inbred, if he was stupid enough to breed a dog back to the father then he should never be allowed to keep animals again. With reptiles it seems like inbreeding is not really an issue unless you keep on doing it. Most double recessives are from brother/sister breedings and apparently the only way Ralph Davis could reproduce his true Platinum was to breed the "Daddy" back to his normal looking daughters.

Thanks

Yeah, I know snakes are different. Dogs on the other hand get problems from inbreeding
    Ball pythons: 1.2 pastel, 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 mojave(green) 0.1 spider, 1.0 het pied, 1.0 het clown, 1.1 het albino, 0.1 pos het albino, 1.0 shatter, 0.2 normals, 0.1 reduced pattern, 0.3 dinkers
    Corn snakes: 1.0 blood, 0.1 het blood, 0.1 snow, 0.0.1 reverse okeetee
    Geckos: 2.1.2 crested gecko, 0.0.1 leopard gecko
    Boas: 1.0.1 sand boas
    Other: 1.1 mini australian shepherd, 2.0 cats

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234