Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

2 members and 2,814 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: what is best python to breed with normal bp

thank you guys for all the help and i'm not in it just for the money, if that was true i would go back to doing something easy like breeding dogs. I love everything about ball pythons. so why not make a few dollars while im having fun. And i was thinking about getting 1.1 het albino and a female albino. would that be a good idea or is there something else i should get instead of one of them to produce a larger variety of bp's. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Most good breeders dont make too much money off breeding dogs either with all the health testing and medical care needed to ensure you are breeding healthy dogs. To me breeding for money is one of the most irresponsible and selfish things one can do... these are animals lives in OUR hands!

My personal opinion is to leave the breeding up to people who know what they are doing... like who have owned BPs for a long time and have done all their research. I guess from working in a shelter and having to euthanize a lot of animals in my life, you start to really think who breeds animals. I am ok with breeding as long as it is done responsibly with mammals and reptiles alike. Make sure you know what you are getting into and you wont be irresponsible about doing so.
    Tina
    0.1.1 Normal Ball Pythons- Hubert and Cefira
    2.1 Pitbulls- Roscoe. Jake. Ellie
    1.0 Great Pyrenees- Kodiak
    0.0.1 Yellow Spotted Salamander- Salamander
    0.1 Marbled Salamander- Mandie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky88 View Post
    thank you guys for all the help and i'm not in it just for the money, if that was true i would go back to doing something easy like breeding dogs. I love everything about ball pythons. so why not make a few dollars while im having fun. And i was thinking about getting 1.1 het albino and a female albino. would that be a good idea or is there something else i should get instead of one of them to produce a larger variety of bp's. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm thinking if you got a 1.1 het bino, then get a male albino. Then you can get that same male albino paired with all your other females in the same season to get more het binos with different combos. But then, I'm not a breeder... just thinking logically, is all.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls4me View Post
    Most good breeders dont make too much money off breeding dogs either with all the health testing and medical care needed to ensure you are breeding healthy dogs. To me breeding for money is one of the most irresponsible and selfish things one can do... these are animals lives in OUR hands!

My personal opinion is to leave the breeding up to people who know what they are doing... like who have owned BPs for a long time and have done all their research. I guess from working in a shelter and having to euthanize a lot of animals in my life, you start to really think who breeds animals. I am ok with breeding as long as it is done responsibly with mammals and reptiles alike. Make sure you know what you are getting into and you wont be irresponsible about doing so.
    ok that is your opinion and thank you. but i'm not planning on breeding tomarrow. im just starting to read up on all of it figure out the ins and out ups downs all around. but that statement about good dog breeders not making good money is not true. coming from an ex dog breeder. i used to breed am staffs, bull dogs and pitbulls. And yes you do make good money if you are good with money also. i had a new batch of puppies every 11 months and each time would have anywhere from 30-50 puppies and not one of them going for less than 1300. you do the math, that is pretty good. and the expenses were just vet check ups, food, and housing wich never went above 6000 a year. so if an extra 40000 a year(at the least) on the side isnt good you must be pretty rich. and for it being irresponsible, i always met the people i was selling them to and if i thought for one second they were not going to be taken care of the sell didnt happen. and if a good person is paying an average of 1600 for a dog they arent going to neglect them. And there is my opinion, thank you. oh and ANATESS, i dont have other females i was just going to get one male het albino one female het albino and a female albino. therefore i breed the hets and will have like a 25% chance of albinos and then breed the het with the albino and have a greater chance of more albinos. does that seem like a good idea or is there something else i can put with the hets to get a greater variety of bp's. And again for all of you that believe i am in it just for the money, really i am not scouts honor. i really like everything about ball pythons and want to have fun bringing life to snakes it just wouldnt hurt to try and sell a few after they are born to try and make my money back that went into all of my snakes. and hey you never know maybe Ill get good at it and be able to have a fun filled bp filled life... i know that last part was korny but thats how i feel about the situation. THANK YOU ALL THAT ARE HELPING ME, AND GIVING GREAT ADVICE!!!!!!!!

Thanks

ok that is your opinion and thank you. but i'm not planning on breeding tomarrow. im just starting to read up on all of it figure out the ins and out ups downs all around. but that statement about good dog breeders not making good money is not true. coming from an ex dog breeder. i used to breed am staffs, bull dogs and pitbulls. And yes you do make good money if you are good with money also. i had a new batch of puppies every 11 months and each time would have anywhere from 30-50 puppies and not one of them going for less than 1300. you do the math, that is pretty good. and the expenses were just vet check ups, food, and housing wich never went above 6000 a year. so if an extra 40000 a year(at the least) on the side isnt good you must be pretty rich. and for it being irresponsible, i always met the people i was selling them to and if i thought for one second they were not going to be taken care of the sell didnt happen. and if a good person is paying an average of 1600 for a dog they arent going to neglect them. And there is my opinion, thank you.
    And I am not going to spend a lot of time arguing but did the dogs have titles? What about show or competetion fees. Without proving your dogs worth of breeding then to me it is irresponsible. There are enough pretty dogs out there dying in shelters every day. I know of a lab breeder who sells her pups for $2000 a piece. But the parents also have titles like crazy. So money from the puppies goes back to pay for the titling of the parents and health testing for every puppy she produces. And to me the way you were breeding dogs seems very irresponsible.... breeding the dogs so often and what not. But again my opinion and I am done with it... some people you can bring out of their way.
    Tina
    0.1.1 Normal Ball Pythons- Hubert and Cefira
    2.1 Pitbulls- Roscoe. Jake. Ellie
    1.0 Great Pyrenees- Kodiak
    0.0.1 Yellow Spotted Salamander- Salamander
    0.1 Marbled Salamander- Mandie

Thanks

After seeing his other posts I, for one, hope he never ever breeds anything...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulls4me View Post
    And I am not going to spend a lot of time arguing but did the dogs have titles? What about show or competetion fees. Without proving your dogs worth of breeding then to me it is irresponsible. There are enough pretty dogs out there dying in shelters every day. I know of a lab breeder who sells her pups for $2000 a piece. But the parents also have titles like crazy. So money from the puppies goes back to pay for the titling of the parents and health testing for every puppy she produces. And to me the way you were breeding dogs seems very irresponsible.... breeding the dogs so often and what not. But again my opinion and I am done with it... some people you can bring out of their way.
    yes they were all proven had champ lines and were all proven champ sired. And really the titles arent as expensive as you make it seem. and i only breed a female 2 times and then sold her. and i didnt get her pregnant right after the pups poped out. I gave them a year break. and i was able to do this because i had 3 pit females 3 am staff females and 2 bulldog females. and one male of each. by time the females had there pups 2 seperate times over a 3 year period they were sold and then 2-3 pups of each were kept to breed then the rest were sold. I know you guys thinks im not to bright and irresponsible but really i care about all kinds of animals and would never do anything to harm them. and making a dog have 2 litters over a 3 year period is not dangerous. and i know you say you dont want to argue and neither do i. I just wanted to put my two cents in and show im not a ignorant or irresposible. i am trying to learn about genetics and breeding bp's and until i am sure i have it down i will not attempt it so to everybody PLEASE STOP GETTING BENT OUT OF SHAPE JUST BECAUSE I AM ASKING QUESTIONS. correct me if i am wrong but that is what this web site was made for right, to help eachother help there pythons, correct?

Thanks

i just got my female ball 2 dude...shes only like 5 months old pretty sure. i think breeding is an amazing thing something that i definately want to do some day...but i want to wait a few years to get to know my python pretty well...atleast 2 and a half to 3 years before I even consider breeding. who knows how i will feel about it in 3 years...if i truly want to do it then my passion will still be there for breeding in time...

thats just me though. if u wanna jump the gun and get all rdy to breed alrdy then thats ur choice no one can stop you really.

btw dude no one likes to read walls of text man. try shortnin posts down and spacin stuff out a lil bit..just some advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

yes they were all proven had champ lines and were all proven champ sired. And really the titles arent as expensive as you make it seem. and i only breed a female 2 times and then sold her. and i didnt get her pregnant right after the pups poped out. I gave them a year break. and i was able to do this because i had 3 pit females 3 am staff females and 2 bulldog females. and one male of each. by time the females had there pups 2 seperate times over a 3 year period they were sold and then 2-3 pups of each were kept to breed then the rest were sold. I know you guys thinks im not to bright and irresponsible but really i care about all kinds of animals and would never do anything to harm them. and making a dog have 2 litters over a 3 year period is not dangerous. and i know you say you dont want to argue and neither do i. I just wanted to put my two cents in and show im not a ignorant or irresposible. i am trying to learn about genetics and breeding bp's and until i am sure i have it down i will not attempt it so to everybody PLEASE STOP GETTING BENT OUT OF SHAPE JUST BECAUSE I AM ASKING QUESTIONS. correct me if i am wrong but that is what this web site was made for right, to help eachother help there pythons, correct?
    Rocky, how did you learn all the stuff you know about breeding dogs? Was it self taught through research, or did you have a family member who taught you the ropes?
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Rocky, how did you learn all the stuff you know about breeding dogs? Was it self taught through research, or did you have a family member who taught you the ropes?
    me and my friend both got an american staffordshire terrior when we were about 12 and then a year later got 2 more and then just kept building up with the other breeds and while we were in the process of getting all the dogs we had planned to get(4 years) we studied studied STUDIED!!! Really thats all i am trying to do here and if the time comes that i have all my bp's and still dont know what im doing, I wont do it until i know how to.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast