Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,845

0 members and 2,845 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Hybrid View

Thanks

what is best python to breed with normal bp

i have a normal bp and was wanting to breed it but dont want to with just another normal because i'm looking to get more than 40 dollars a snake.just curious what other breed of python can i breed with my normal that can give me more money and looks pretty cool. please help, new and curious, please!!!!!!!! much appreciated

Thanks

Re: what is best python to breed with normal bp

anything co-dom or dominant. pastel, spider, mojave, etc... you'll have to spend a good amount of cash to get a breedable one..... and of course quarantine first so you will have to wait probably til next year to breed. not something you can really do off the bat. I dont have any experience personally breeding but read alot so I think I know but im sure others will chime in as well. and as for the $$ well hopefully you are doing it for the love of the hobby and snakes not just for money.
    1.3 Normals, 1.0 Het Albino, 1.0 VPI Axanthic, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Spider 1.0 Albino

Thanks

i to only have normal girls breeding this year. the way to go is breed her with a spider or a co dom just stay away from a recessive gene when starting out. thats just my 2 cents different people will tell you diff things. but good luck

0.1 mini weiner dog (the doodle)
    too many balls to list!!!!

Thanks

i have a normal male. do you know any good breeder web-site to go to, so i can find a good snake i like to breed with my male normal

Thanks

Didn't I just read in your other thread that you'd already arranged to buy a female tomorrow?

I have a baby bp about 2-3 months old about 18-20 inchs. and i am buying another tomarrow not sure how old but is like 2 1/2 feet. the one i have is a male and the one i am buying tomarrow is a female
    As well you describe your current normal male bp as...

I have a baby bp about 2-3 months old about 18-20 inchs.
    Are you aware of how much stress breeding a very young male snake puts on him. Most people do not breed males of 2 or 4 months of age and the only ones that do try it tend to be highly experienced breeders.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

i am not going to breed him as soon as i get the other snake. but i want to get a female ( not sure of what breed) and then raise them for about a year then have them breed. i wasnt going to try to have a 3 month old snake try and mate

Thanks

and my dad is getting one. just a normal. but i want to get one soon that will make a really good looking snake just wondering if you got any suggestions and if so where i could find one ie. website, name, company????

Thanks

Well Rocky it's very confusing to try and answer you with any clarity when you refer to yourself in another thread just posted here as being "about to breed".
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky88 View Post
    i have a normal bp and was wanting to breed it but dont want to with just another normal because i'm looking to get more than 40 dollars a snake.just curious what other breed of python can i breed with my normal that can give me more money and looks pretty cool. please help, new and curious, please!!!!!!!! much appreciated
    The best "breed" to mate with a ball python is obviously another ball python. I have heard of breeding them to blood pythons to make something called "superballs" but If you are refering to what ball python morph would be good I would say it depends entirely on your budget and what you are looking to get If you have the money By all means I say a blue eyed luecy or a pied but again you are going to shell out a pretty penny especially for a breedable female male morphs tend to be cheaper so I would say but a normal female and a morph male but thats me as far as a wedsite goes check out www.bhbreptiles.com or just type in ball python morphs or breeders and you can comb through them