Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,933

0 members and 2,933 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: Signs he's going to shed?

Quote Originally Posted by Danounet View Post
    Hi there.

I have a 3 month old (at the most) ball. She is a normal female, but i dont think that matters much.

Anyways she is usualy VERY active and always trying to climp up her tank and alot of the time "follows me around" inside the tank where ever i go in my room. But in the last few days she is not active at all, and doest come out of the warm side hide much, if not ever since i dont know what she does while i sleep, but she didnt come out her hide last nite and i went to sleep at 5am.

Her eyes are a metallic blue color now and i dont think she cant see much, i flash my hands in front of her face and she doesnt do anything. The thing is her belly is NOT pink at all. I dont think her skin is dull, but I cant realy tell. So i dont know what to think...

This is my first python and first shed of any snake of that matter, so i dont know much. The pet store employee where i got her from said she shed once in the store already. So i would guess this is the 3rd shed (1st with breeder) if thats what it is. But again i dont know =/.

Any thoughs? Thanx.
    Sometimes their bellies don't turn pink. It is just a sign that you can look for. I would expect a shed within the next week.

Also, keep in mind ball pythons are secretive snakes and enjoy spending most of their time hiding. An overly active snake is usually an indication that they are stressed out (trying to escape constantly) or not being fed enough.

If you need help in the future, start a new thread You will get much more help that way!
    ~Steffe

Thanks

I'm actually in the same situation. I've just got my first ball python and I've researched the signs of shedding to no end, but I'm a little confused. I keep finding small pieces of shed skin around her enclosure, but she doesn't seem to be showing any of the typical signs of the shed cycle. (I'm wondering if maybe because I haven't washed her enclosure since I got her, maybe the pieces of skin are from a previous shed?) Her eyes seem normal and her belly isn't pink. Her belly is more of a bluish color and her scales feel kind of rough or sticky. She's very young, only about 3 months old, and she apparently had a bad shed before with her previous owners. I want to make sure I amp up the humidity for her if she's going into a shed, but I'm not %100 sure that's what's happening. Maybe she's dehydrated? If that's the case, how do I re-hydrate her? There are pictures of her on my profile. Thanks!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronAshley View Post
    I'm actually in the same situation. I've just got my first ball python and I've researched the signs of shedding to no end, but I'm a little confused. I keep finding small pieces of shed skin around her enclosure, but she doesn't seem to be showing any of the typical signs of the shed cycle. (I'm wondering if maybe because I haven't washed her enclosure since I got her, maybe the pieces of skin are from a previous shed?) Her eyes seem normal and her belly isn't pink. Her belly is more of a bluish color and her scales feel kind of rough or sticky. She's very young, only about 3 months old, and she apparently had a bad shed before with her previous owners. I want to make sure I amp up the humidity for her if she's going into a shed, but I'm not %100 sure that's what's happening. Maybe she's dehydrated? If that's the case, how do I re-hydrate her? There are pictures of her on my profile. Thanks!
    I sent you a private message
    ~Steffe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball303 View Post
    Smith, you and I have a lot in common now. I'm a new owner of a ball now and have been on this site too and driving my girlfriend nuts! oh what a life we lead. My ball is also going into his first shed with me. His eyes have been opaque for about two days now and his skin definately feels different. I didn't feed him on his scheduled day (today) because of the shed. The sheds usually last 7-10 days to complete the cycle, so be patient....hopefully we can share this awesome moment around the same time.
    you should offer anyways.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decensored View Post
    you should offer anyways.
    Old thread is old
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    My ball squeeze is going thru his first shed with me to.
    IM also a new ball python own.

Thanks

Did ur bp she's yet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123