Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,776

1 members and 2,775 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Is it normal...

Conservative Springs, CO, but moving back home to Tucson, AZ soon.
    Thanks

Is it normal...

that my BP seems to like the cool side of his tank? He generally likes to curl up away from the heat pad under his tank. His cage temp is at almost 80 degrees, and his hide is closer to the heater, but he likes to curl up on the other side of the tank. Otherwise he behaves pretty normally. Should I just let him do what he wants? I mean, I'm sure he knows what he likes more than I do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Is it normal...

My BP has two hides, one on the cool side(~80 degrees) and one on the warm side(~90 degrees) and spends most of her time in the cool side hide, so staying on the side opposite the UTH can be normal.

If you only have one hide(thats what it sounds like) and the snake doesn't use it, then yes that is weird, as my snake spends 99% of the daytime in her hide.

Conservative Springs, CO, but moving back home to Tucson, AZ soon.
    Thanks

Well, I've tried several different substrates, but what he likes best is towels, lol. go figure. So he does hide, he just slithers under the towel. Perhaps soon I will get him a new hide, and put one on the cool side too. But I feel better that it's normal. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kittiekat414 View Post
    that my BP seems to like the cool side of his tank? He generally likes to curl up away from the heat pad under his tank. His cage temp is at almost 80 degrees, and his hide is closer to the heater, but he likes to curl up on the other side of the tank. Otherwise he behaves pretty normally. Should I just let him do what he wants? I mean, I'm sure he knows what he likes more than I do.
    You say his cage temp is 80...thats a little low. Whats the hot side temp? How are you measuring temperature, and what do you use to regulate your heat pad?