Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,919

2 members and 2,917 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: treating belly/scale rot

Becky, thanks again for your post. I worked for a vet for many years a couple years ago so i understood exactly what you were talking about. Butters I think your post was a bit offensive, i highly doubt beckys intentions were to sound "professional" i think she posted what she knew would work. Thank you BOTH for your helpful postings I look forward to our new boy healing right up since he is getting better care now.

m00k.... I have raised all but two of my animals from hatchlings, while what you said is accurate in raising another animal we saw what we liked and we got it. Simple as that. Everyone as you said is different and have different reasons for doing things. I dont regret getting this male in the least.

Thanks

What else am I supposed to call Betadine or chlorhexidine? The brown, tea colored stuff and the blue colored stuff? Jesus.. What about Neosporin? That's just a brand name.. It's polysporin or triple antibiotic ointment.

And I am a professional. If I want people to actually recognize that my information is credible, I want to at least speak like an intelligent person... People tend to listen better if your speech is on the same level as your knowledge...

Everyone and their dog knows what Betadine, chlorhexidine and polysporin is. If you don't, then just ASK. Just like you'd ask a vet about what this or that means, it goes the same way.

sorry to jack this thread but all you wanted was to sound professional.if you could not read wat i typed i feel sorry for you.i was in no way offended by your post,just trying to give info w/o the person having to look in a dictionary.not all of us know the chemical names for these things and if im the only one then i must be stupid.thanks for attacking me and my text!especially since all i was trying to do was help.i appreciate it!
    And if anybody CAN read this, well then, good job.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

I think you both gave some great info...

Thanks

Adee I wouldnt listen to anyone asking why you bought it in the first place, obviously you were attracted to the snake so you bought it. weather or not each would have bought it is not the point, the point is you got a snake you like and you rescued it, its in better hands now... When that snake is healed up I hope it helps you breed 100 spiders....

If you do end up going to the vet I would try to contact the breeder and see if he will comp any of the cost...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mochelem View Post
    Adee I wouldnt listen to anyone asking why you bought it in the first place, obviously you were attracted to the snake so you bought it. weather or not each would have bought it is not the point, the point is you got a snake you like and you rescued it, its in better hands now... When that snake is healed up I hope it helps you breed 100 spiders....

If you do end up going to the vet I would try to contact the breeder and see if he will comp any of the cost...
    thanks Moch for the kind words... I too hope someday he helps us produce, spiders, bees, exc. As for the vet.. I have a great vet that is local to me, we bought the snake and intend to pay for the bills we incur because of them. I wouldnt and dont expect a breeder from the expo would be willing to help comp any costs, when you hand them your money and walk away your accepting any and all responsibility, im sure the breeder would say the same lol...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

yea it was a bit offensive as i was offended by wat she said.there was no reason to attack me or my text.as i said befor i was trying to help.maybe next time ill just keep my stupid mouth shut and let the people that dont understand message you and you can handle it.this makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!and sorry im not educated on the burn cream which is how i would describe it then call it by its chemical name.once again thanks for pointing your finger

Thanks

wow butters, not only is it difficult to even read your posts but i dont understand while your getting so huffy over this post, are you kidding me?!

If someone said oh take medication for a headache i would ask what the name of the medication i needed to be getting... to me its common sense to refer to a medication by using its name, not necessarily what its used for. Neosporin can be used for a hundred different things. I really dont see where anyone attacked you in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Could I ask you not to clutter up a thread about a sick snake with this?

If you feel the need to pursue it do it via PM's please.

Or perhaps compose a post that could be added to the abbreviations or a similar "what does this mean?" thread that people could be reffered to in the future.

Either way this is neither the time nor place.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

thank you derek

any suggestions for the big guy?

Thanks

Just trying to defend my reasoning, Derek. It was all meant in a calm, reasonable tone.

And Ashley, which big guy? Do they all have similar problems? Got all caught up in the twittiness, sorry!

I've treated burns/belly rot the same. Clean the animal with an antibacterial soap, using some gauze or a soft washcloth to lightly scrub the affected areas. Rinse the animal off and then apply some betadine or chlorhexidine, also scrubbing the affected areas. Then let dry(chlorhex you don't have to wash off, betadine you do), and then liberally apply the triple antibiotic ointment(or silvadene if you have some leftover from your children).

I've kept them on paper towels for the first week or so until they aren't so tender, and then they get newspaper. Tiny water bowl that they can't tip. Just reapply the neosporin every day or so. If you can wash the snake off in some light soapy water just to remove the old neosporin, keeping the skin open to air once in awhile, that would help.

Their bellies might get flakier as the infection goes away and the scales dry up, but it will get better with 2-3 sheds. My one rescue who was burned took 2 sheds and you couldn't even see where the injury was.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast