Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,638

4 members and 2,634 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: keeping reptiles in apartments.. illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Athen View Post
    ok thanks everyone for their stories and help i and some of my friends who hapen to be my neighbors and reptile lovers as well have read the ease and it doesnt state anything about reptiles so im now going to call the humane society and see what they have to say regarding that "law" and see if they can direct me towards something in black and white so that if my manager does try to tell me i have to get rid of them i have ammunition, i know it will result in a change of the lease terms but im sure that will take a while to be put into place and there should be a grandfather

Whether it is stated in the lease or not, it should still be run by your landlord. Just because he may have failed to cover reptiles in the lease doesn't necessarily mean it's okay. Good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    I used to rent an apartment that didn't allow pets. I asked, "Are you just woriied about the carpets? What about something like a fishtank?". Since I was told a fish tank would be fine, I "assumed" that meant that I could have an aquarium with a gecko. By the time I moved, I had a chameleon, tree frogs, balls, a macklott's python and was breeding several geckos and corn snakes there. If I ever got in trouble for it, it would have been a simple misunderstanding of their policies. They eventually had to come in and saw some of my display animals, but they didn't get mad. The carpets were still spotless. But all that depends on where you live and what kind of person the land lord seems to be.
    I am in the same scenario with my new apartment, with the "no pets" officially but "aquariums are okay". But here they are required to give at least 24 hours notice before entering (for an inspection or w/e), so that would give me time to move my snakes temporarily to someone else's place!

You're brave to let your apartment managers see your animals! I'd be scared that one of them would happen to have a phobia of snakes and freak out on me, then I'd be screwed.

(Hey, a tub is ALMOST an aquarium, right??)

Banned
    Thanks

Bring em on in... STICK IT TO THE MAN lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12