Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,733

3 members and 2,730 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Has anyone converted furniture to a herp enclosure?

Lookin' good all of you! I am jealous. I broked down and got a 75 gal tank off of Craig's List for our JCP.

Thanks

I am extremely impressed with the work in this thread. What beautiful things you've all created from furniture. I wish I had that kind of creative energy.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I think it all comes from Necessity being the mother of invention. I have tons of projects I want to do for snake and rodent enclosures, plus a prolific of other projects including a mini-bar! (Hey a mini bar with built in snake display cases. ) Now I have another project on my list thanks! Just can't kick it off till we get the new house near the lake and have the extra cash after the old one sells. I really need the wife to allow me to build an actual work shop, but that isn't going to happen till I build the rat house and my daughters play house of which she has stated she wants AC and running water in! How do we get our selves into this?

Thanks

Hey Damon Theis,

your enclosure is great!, very impressive! Can you tell me what you house in there? and where did you get the flex, thats used for heat, right? I know that may be a dumb ? but I am a little new to the reptile world and want to learn as much as possible. I want to build my own enclosures for snakes and lizards so any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks

Gloryhound,

Tell your wife in order for you to build the rat house and daughters playhouse and the rest of your projects(for her, lol) that you you need a full workshop to build quality stuff for her and your daughter! Thats what I tell my wife! Anyway, I wish you luck with your projects and congrats on the new house!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloryhound View Post
    I think it all comes from Necessity being the mother of invention. I have tons of projects I want to do for snake and rodent enclosures, plus a prolific of other projects including a mini-bar! (Hey a mini bar with built in snake display cases. ) Now I have another project on my list thanks! Just can't kick it off till we get the new house near the lake and have the extra cash after the old one sells. I really need the wife to allow me to build an actual work shop, but that isn't going to happen till I build the rat house and my daughters play house of which she has stated she wants AC and running water in! How do we get our selves into this?

My cousins step father built her kids a play house set up with a toilet and a sink with a/c... didnt do much fancy inside other than that, but still it was quite cool that they didnt have to run in the house to potty and wash hands lol
    Stacey
    1.2 Shih Tzu's (Bert, Lea, Maci)
    1.1.0 Crested Gecko (Sparx, Skylar)

***really badly want an albino, butter and a carmel ball and a creamsicle crested gecko***

Thanks

Those are very nice and well done, I remember years ago me and my Friend Turned a old style TV Console into a Boa cage. It turned out really nice. It was very large and weighed alot but was fun building and It made us very proud many years ago.. Wow almost 30 years ago. Those Pictures above of the dressers and cabnets are Nice and well built. Very Good Job

Van
    For Ever Trust in what You are, and Nothing else Matters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by furniture_guy View Post
    Hey Damon Theis,

your enclosure is great!, very impressive! Can you tell me what you house in there? and where did you get the flex, thats used for heat, right? I know that may be a dumb ? but I am a little new to the reptile world and want to learn as much as possible. I want to build my own enclosures for snakes and lizards so any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thank you. There are adult green tree pythons in that cage. You can see them on the last page of the construction tutorial ir you follow the link. I usually get my flex from Bean Farm. Yes, that's the heating element.

Thanks

here is something i made out of an old liquor cabinet. Fits my veiled cham and one of my yearling normals.

Thanks

Wow everyone...
    Those are all really cool.
    You could get away with having that in your livingroom, as apposed to a big rack...
    - All hail the dancing fruit and veg...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast