Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,063

2 members and 3,061 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Wow, situtaion w/ cleaning and handling today.

Sooo yeah, today around noon, like every other day, i go in, lift the coolside hide and she's laying right there, she sits there for a few minutes, then starts to move around the tank. I then usually go in with an open palm facing in the tank to let her know im not prey and its just me. And she usually glides right over my hand,and i scoop her up gently, no sudden movements or anything.
    Today I do the same exact routine, and when she starts to move around i get up and walk over to the tank to put my hand in and do what i usually do to pick her up, and she BOLTS to the other hide on the warmside and goes in immediately. I was . What did I do for her to be like this? Does anyones balls do this? Bad mood, scared, tired? lol i dont get it, can sum1 help me out!? thanks ya guys

Thanks

Re: Wow, situtaion w/ cleaning and handling today.

*sigh*

She's a snake, she doesn't know you're not going to just reach in and eat her. She's only relying on her instincts that are telling her to protect herself. It's what they do.

You don't have to take every action and every hiss as something you caused. It's just how they are. I even have a female who I've had since she was a tiny thing(got her in 04) and she still bumps me away every so often, hisses, etc. If they don't want to be bothered, or if they are stressed, they will let you know.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Don't forget that to your snake...you're about a hundred stories tall. Like, Galactus tall. They're gonna get scared sometimes, no matter how tame they are.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MiniJ83 View Post
    Don't forget that to your snake...you're about a hundred stories tall. Like, Galactus tall. They're gonna get scared sometimes, no matter how tame they are.
    Good analogy.
    1.0.0 Normal BP: Vincent Vega

Thanks

I heard that once they start getting into their first stages of starting to shed they can become real shy.And i noticed that her skin is starting to get a dull appearence, and her eyes are getting a little bit cloudy. So i guess thats one possibility.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ndizzleg View Post
    I heard that once they start getting into their first stages of starting to shed they can become real shy.And i noticed that her skin is starting to get a dull appearence, and her eyes are getting a little bit cloudy. So i guess thats one possibility.
    For sure. When shedding, i don't touch my snakes. I try to feed them, and so far no problems. I just think it would be really uncomfortable to be holding while in shed. I mean, imagine someone rubbing their finger on your chapped lips..
    1.0.0 Normal BP: Vincent Vega

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Very normal behavior for a BP in shed. She will be just fine after the shed. Now you know what to look for next time! Try to bump up your humitity a bit too.

Thanks

Out of my 13 ball pythons I only have one who will consistently his and puff up if I mess with him when he's in blue. The rest don't seem to care or care intermittently.
    I think that Becky gave the best advice: These are wild animals and try not to attribute their every reaction to being caused by an erroneous action on your part.
    In other words: Let the snake be a snake

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

one day my snakes don't seem to care about me reaching in, and the next they will act like its the end of the world. they're just like that. no worries!
    -- alex
    0.2 Normal BP
    1.1 Pastel BP
    0.2 Pound Puppies

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replys. Makes me feel at ease lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast