Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,119

2 members and 3,117 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Baby Ball Python Setup

Not sure i get your question... just keep the unit on the cool side... and run the probe to the heat pad... u may have to move the probe around and find out where your getting the hottest reading... Usually if you have the probe on the ouside of the heat pad youll get a couple degree difference compared to the middle of the pad... just play with it and keep moving it around... I use duct tape to hold the probe in place against the bottom of the tank... Just make sure you only use a very small piece and you get all the sides down as good as possible... Ive evn had to change out some pieces of duct tape bc the piss on the paper and it gets on the tape.
    snakes

Thanks

Wow i wish i seen this when i got my first ball 6 yrs ago lol i dropped like $300ish on the first set up. Awsome post should help a bunch of beginers
    B. Sleeper

Thanks

[QUOTE=
    QUOTE]

what kind of Ball is that, i love the color, i heard Pewter thrown around a few times. I would like to find one of those, hard to find? expensive?
    -thanks

Banned
    Thanks

[QUOTE=ALEX B.;729115]
    Quote Originally Posted by
    [IMG
    http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/Cueballpython/DSCN0812.jpg[/IMG]QUOTE]

what kind of Ball is that, i love the color, i heard Pewter thrown around a few times. I would like to find one of those, hard to find? expensive?
    -thanks
    Sorry, just not saw this reply

That is a pewter, a cross between a pastel and cinnamon. They are becoming easier to find and can be bought from 1k-2k depending on the animal. That was the best one I have seen.

Thanks

Nice set-up for a nice ball.

Thanks

anyone else using this setup? And where do you get the $5 rehostat?

will it be warm enough???

Thanks

Talking Re: Baby Ball Python Setup

the two identical hides stuff is a myth. In the wild a python will never find two identical hides...lol. I have two completely different hides and Diablo uses them both!! But two hides are important. One on the hot side, and one on the cold side.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aj.gladding View Post
    the two identical hides stuff is a myth. In the wild a python will never find two identical hides...lol. I have two completely different hides and Diablo uses them both!! But two hides are important. One on the hot side, and one on the cold side.
    In the wild a snake isn't confined the area of a cage either. While its important to look at their behaviors in the wild to model our husbandry on; its critical to realize that they are kept in captivity.

Have you had experience with more than just your one snake? If not is unfair to claim its a myth based an your rationalization of how it is in the "wild".

There are exceptions to every rule; when you start to deal with a higher number of snakes you start to see the variability in personality; husbandry tolerances, etc....
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    It's been sticky-fied!

I think what we really need to focus on teaching people is how to be aware of the needs of their animal and how to watch its behavior to understand if those needs are being met or not...and then to be willing to tweak the environment to make sure those needs are met.
    This is true. The problem I find with posting is that I do not get may answers when I ask a question about behavior. I have no problem with set up and I am sure there are not many who do after a month or so of gleaning the internet. For instance, I have a hard time determining if my BP is roaming because she is hungry, uncomfortable, comfortable or none of the above. A little off the topic but I think it is interesting.

Jimmy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elvyra's Keeper View Post
    you should have two, or an indoor outdoor one. one on the cool side, one on the warm. I keep mine close to the bottom, because that's where the snake is, they don't stay 6 inches up the side of the cage.
    You could also try having three:

1. A digital one that sticks to the outside with a probe that goes into the hide on the hot side. ($10 canadian)
    2. A digital one that sticks to the outside with a probe that goes into the hide on the cool side. ($10 canadian)
    3. A digital one that lies on the floor in the middle that reads temp and humidity. This is to gauge ambient temp. ($25 canadian)

The digital ones with the probe are not the indoor/outdoor. It just takes a reading where the probe goes. I stick it on the outside so that I can see it better.

It may be over kill a little but it is precise.

Jimmy

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast