Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,916

2 members and 2,914 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Mice?

Thanks

Mice?

I have my mice in the freezer and all of sudden the freezer stopped working and now its just at the refrigerators temperature maybe a bit cooler and the mice are kinda thawed out, I was wondering if it would still be ok to feed my snake the mice or should i get new ones? They've been in there for about a week since it has happened.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Mice?

This is just me....I don't have any scientific or technical knowledge to back up what I'm going to say. I would not feed my family meat that has been sitting in the fridge for more than a couple of days...much less a week. So I would probably go ahead and throw the mice out as well. As well as anything else in the freezer that could spoil.

If it were just a day or so, I'd say it would be ok to refreeze them (with the increased risk of exploding meeces in the future)....but after a week or more....I'd toss 'em.

Sorry.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Re: Mice?

Ok thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    This is just me....I don't have any scientific or technical knowledge to back up what I'm going to say. I would not feed my family meat that has been sitting in the fridge for more than a couple of days...much less a week. So I would probably go ahead and throw the mice out as well. As well as anything else in the freezer that could spoil.

If it were just a day or so, I'd say it would be ok to refreeze them (with the increased risk of exploding meeces in the future)....but after a week or more....I'd toss 'em.

Sorry.