Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,814

1 members and 2,813 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rescue

Thanks

Smile rescue

well the albino (patternless) burm i kinda rescued i would say from the pet store has shed. im SOOOO happy! she had so many scars and cuts from rabbits and bite marks and she had a mite problem (little) not to bad. well i awoke at 5am to go to PT for work and i went to check on her as usual and saw a big bundle of shed in the corner i was like "WOOO HOOO" and woke up the family but anyways her black scales are gone, her bite marks and others are pretty much gone. you cant even notice unless your really close up on her. her skin is soooo soft and shiny. 1 piece shed again ftw. the pet store that had her never got a 1 piece shed off of her. actually i got her and she still had alot of shed stuck on her that wouldnt come off *if you remember from my 1st post on her*.... well im so happy today im on cloud 9 cause i just wanted her to shed her old life away and get ready for a new life that will be great with me i guess she's happy 2 cause she left me a present with her shed... about 4 jumbo rats worth of poop and urates... OMG if you never owned a bigger snake and had to clean their poop..... its worse then a dogs
    ~Chris~
    Snakes have blood, feal fear, breathe air, eat food, drink water, reproduce, and they happen to live in a body which is difficult for the average person to understand. One fears what one doesn't understand. ignorance creates fear. The fear of snakes is not cultivated…we are not born with it…children love snakes, just as naturally as they love dogs and cats. don’t be afraid of a reptile’s tongue…the only animal that can hurt you with its tongue is the human being.

Thanks

Re: rescue

Congrats! Any chance we could see some pictures? =)

I loooove the feeling of freshly shed snakes....their skin is like butter....
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

Agreed, pictures would be awesome..... You dont want to tease people around these parts.

Thanks

will post soon as i get off work thanks for comments
    ~Chris~
    Snakes have blood, feal fear, breathe air, eat food, drink water, reproduce, and they happen to live in a body which is difficult for the average person to understand. One fears what one doesn't understand. ignorance creates fear. The fear of snakes is not cultivated…we are not born with it…children love snakes, just as naturally as they love dogs and cats. don’t be afraid of a reptile’s tongue…the only animal that can hurt you with its tongue is the human being.

Thanks

wow thats bad @$$...

Thanks

Thats awesome. I love it when rescues pull through.
    Congrats , and I can't wait to see pics.
    Kristina Rogers
    http://www.myspace.com/kristinarogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Thanks

well the pics that are requested. sorry went picture happy seeing how she's been in quarantine and under my personal Intensive Care Unit her 1st pictures so i was happy thanks for looking

~Chris~

Thanks

Dude killer looking burm.

Great what you did man...rep points!!!

I also rescued a burm recently who is doing just great and putting on some serious weight.

Reminds me of my alb. green.

Def. won't get tired of seeing her around!

Mike
    "They are biting out of excessive fear, not because they are mean. Mean is a human emotion and serves no purpose in the animal kingdom" - Kevin McCurley-The Complete Ball Python

Thanks

How did you actually rescue it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjfoste1
    How did you actually rescue it?
    how? well there WAS a exotic reptile store here. they went out of business due to illegal matters and their care. as soon as you walked in it would smell strong of poop and pee from rabbits to snakes to rats. rats were running around the floor all over. the cage he had it in was a 4 foot wide by 4 foot wide base that was about 7 feet tall. in this cage was my burm, anaconda, retic, BP's... okay i said 4 x 4.. all these snakes were in there. thing is the others werent baby's either. 1 retic was 13ft, 1 was 6 ft, annie was 9 ft, and balls were about 4 feet to 2 feet each. there was no base to this cage. only floor with a little bit of coconut bark that was soiled in urates/poop. no water dish or nothing. feeding time was... grab a rabbit about 2 to 3 times the width of the snake and throw it in there so all his "friends" could watch in aww. my snake i got was underweight.. kinda still but she's gaining it back. also i asked him her feeding schedule. he said that she eats large rabbits but she hasnt ate in about 3 months. when i picked her up she had blood on her that had dried under her shed. she looked as if she had shed and the humidity and temps werent up for her so she flaked off 1 4in piece and that was it. she was covered in mites and she had cuts and scrapes. they were deep, you could see her skin had healed but no scales on top of them. well come to find out, she wasnt having a feeding problem. she probably had a bad experience feeding on rabbits that were alive. i mean if i was to eat a rabbit and get cut up and bit all the time by it i would be pretty scared to eat it again and again, especially when you got all the snakes in that tank fighting over them. well they were closing. told him id give him 100 bucks for her. he said sure. i brought her home and i put her in a 55 gal tank. reason was for humidity and such on papertowels. i then began my treatment of reptile relief, and some shedding aid. i gave her a bath almost everynight and then treated her with the chemicals and put her back in her tank. well i bought a jumbo rat, and offered it. soon as i did a RAT.....STRIKE! over and over, ive feed her about 5 times now since i had her and she doesnt refuse a meal. like her pic shows she has shed off her scars *most of them* and she is mite free and looks healthy. now that i got her to this stage i am taking her to the vet for an internal check before im satisfied. it may not be a "rescue" to some but in my book it was. when i saw her i felt she was dieing slowly. only a matter of time. to me when you can help something from that harsh of a life and get them to health and happy.... its a rescue
    ~Chris~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast