Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,738

1 members and 2,737 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

View Poll Results: Do snakes fart?

Voters
465. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

307 66.02%
  • No.

22 4.73%
  • ???

136 29.25%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Do snakes fart?

Thanks

Re: Do snakes fart?

Call me the Thread Necromancer.

Had to bring this back up, because I'm dying laughing right now. I got to experience this firsthand tonight and it scared the beejeezus outta me.

I went down into the basement to clean out one of the rat racks. Had my noise canceling headphones on and was listening to an audiobook. I get down there, am wrist deep in the first tub of dirty rat bedding, and I hear this explosion. Over my book! Thinking someone must have crashed a car into my house, I whip off the headphones. Geez, I still hear it. It sounds like someone's strangling or gagging or something that's gotta be ugly.. And it's getting louder!

I follow the sound and pinpoint the rack it's coming from. Bending down, I look through the tub until I see movement. It's a little '07 normal female, all stretched out with her tail up. The whole incident probably lasted 30 seconds to a minute, and there was a tiny bit of poo. From the sound of it, I expected the walls of the entire tub - nay the entire RACK - to be covered in poo. I got lucky this time I guess. It really sounded like it should have been a wet one.

Me being the juvenile I am, nearly peed myself laughing. I always enjoy a laugh at a good fart. I just wish I'd managed to catch that sucker on tape!

Yes Virginia, snakes DO fart.
    `*`

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadera For This Useful Post:

M&H (06-18-2012)

Thanks

^^^

Same thing happened to me, only my female was sitting on my lap. I spent 20 min, trying to figure out if she went on me. lol. Didn't find anything, but i sure felt it.
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks

I have yet to hear either of my snakes fart but I can say, without a doubt, that a tortoise can fart like no one's business! Dear Lord in heaven can a tortoise fart! I truly thought I was going to need a back hoe to clean up after that noise and head pulling in but there was nothing there...well, nothing but a truly happy looking little tortoise face. I swear it, he looked rather pleased with himself for his ear-deafening effort.

Thanks

farts are like snakes.... the bigger the better, lol.

and big snakes make BIIIIIG farts! I have a display burmese who loves attention and people. she really seems to get off on crowds and childrens' hands..... one day not long ago, i was JUST telling someone how decent and docile she is, when suddenly she lets it rip......

about a minute later, i'm still apologizing, and she's STILL going off!!!

i guess rabbits + rats are a bad combo? she was rather proud of herself.... smiling and all (i swear she seemed to be smiling...).

Thanks

I was working one day with the carpet python cages behind me... I heard a very loud splattering sound and turned around to see a big Irian Jaya with her tail lifted up, and a little skidmark / afterburner mark on the ground....

I voted "yes" after my snake "shart" experience
    Mike Schultz
    Outback Reptiles
    mike@outbackreptiles.com
    703-365-2262

Thanks

I have observed many a snake fart... especially when you soak them... and you can SEE it!!! LOL!!!!

Thanks

Ok this thread has been brought up again so Ill share my experience. I was trying to get to sleep and I heard a rustling in the racks. I didnt think anything of it until I heard a moist, loud squishy fart. I checked in the morning and my BP had finally shat his past 3 feedings.
    ]

Thanks

I fed my Blackhead a large Rat one night. The next day my wife emailed me that there was a noise coming from one of the snake racks. I cam home and it smelled preety strongly. A few days later I got a poop that would have made a Indigo proud from one side of the cage to the other. It even leaked out of the front cause he hit the gap between the door of the cage and the lower lip.

Thanks

I've only felt it once, Seen it 13 times, Smelled it 0 times

Daniel

Thanks

Kinda weird... I read this post a couple days ago and got a laugh, but then sure enough, yesterday I heard a strange noise from my kingsnakes cage. When I looked over his tail was sticking up. I must have just not realized the sound til I read this but I thought that was pretty coincidental. The snake must have been reading with me o.0

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast