Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,594

2 members and 3,592 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

View Poll Results: Do snakes fart?

Voters
465. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

307 66.02%
  • No.

22 4.73%
  • ???

136 29.25%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Do snakes fart?

Thanks

Re: Do snakes fart?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    But, snakes don't even have a finger to pull.
    blahhhhahhhhahhhhh

Thanks

Re: Do snakes fart?

I found this thread because last night I was sitting in my living room at about 2 am. Everyone was asleep. I heard a fart (phhhhht) sound come from one of our BPs enclosures. The cat was in the other room and my girlfriend was asleep on the couch on the other side of the room. I look in to see if she had pooped but nothing. So unless my girlfriend is a talented farter and can throw the sound it in her sleep. The snake farted. Maybe a gassy ghost.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NYMyk For This Useful Post:

shelpen (08-12-2016)

Thanks

Cool Zombie thread revival...

... but I'm sure I'll be forgiven, given the subject.

I've a 3.5 YO female albino checkered garter snake named Robin (in memory of Robin Williams, who died shortly after she came home with me) and a 1 YO Lesser BP named Gibbs (named after both Gibbs of NCIS fame AND after my favorite author, James A. Gibbs), tentatively sexed male (not probed), whom I rescued from a snake-hating household last October. Robin's tank is downstairs because she doesn't require it as hot as does Gibbs, and it gets warmer upstairs in my bedroom in the summer.

Two nights ago, I was awakened from a sound sleep to what I first thought sounded like shooting or leaking water. I couldn't see anything in the dark, and it stopped. Then it sounded again, only it sounded like the toilet was running... but not in the direction of the bathroom. I sat up in bed, trying to figure it out, as it again ceased and restarting, this time sounding DEFINITELY like a gushing tank leak... but in Gibbs' direction. Still not quite awake, I remembered the small aquarium I had on the shelf below Gibbs' tank, and shoved my dog Lucy out of the way to get out of bed... then remembered the aquarium has been empty for over a year. I flipped on the light to see Gibbs out atop his stone hide (cool-side) for the first time in a week (he'd been hunkered down in his log hide, hot-side, pre-shed), a fresh shed inside the log hide, and a 5-inch-long poop from the corner to the far edge of the log!

So yesterday I had to Google whether snakes *do* fart, which brought me to this thread... and this morning I had a blast reading about everyone else''s experiences (and confirming that *I'm* not crazy!).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lanswyfte For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-17-2024)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213