Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,828

1 members and 2,827 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Never, EVER again

Do I want a wireless mouse and keyboard. After my second wireless mouse just DIED on me last night (the second one to do so), I'm back to wired! LOL

Changed the batteries, unplugged the thing the mouse communicates to, re-booted - NOTHING would get it working! Now, I have a wired, but optical mouse and I'm so much happier. That - and the last mouse wouldn't double click anything, you'd have to right click and then open applications.

Give me back the older technology - newer isn't always better!

Thanks

Re: Never, EVER again

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Do I want a wireless mouse and keyboard. After my second wireless mouse just DIED on me last night (the second one to do so), I'm back to wired! LOL

Changed the batteries, unplugged the thing the mouse communicates to, re-booted - NOTHING would get it working! Now, I have a wired, but optical mouse and I'm so much happier. That - and the last mouse wouldn't double click anything, you'd have to right click and then open applications.

Give me back the older technology - newer isn't always better!
    Yea, I have been through 3 wireless mouses. However the last one I had was a jewel. I bought a top of the line logitech mouse and it was perfect. So perfect in fact that my sister stole it "on accident", and when she returned it she somehow lost the USB reciever. So... back to using the touchpad on my laptop. Boo. lol

Thanks

Yeah, I gave up on wireless about a year ago, I have a wired mouse now.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've found that logitech is an excellent brand for pointer devices. Personally, though I can't stand mice, wired or not. I've got a wireless trackball that has behaved flawlessly for me and I love it. I don't know why, but trackballs are becoming less and less popular and very hard to find...so my hubby actually stocked up on these and I've got a spare in the closet for when this one eventually wears out.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I love trackballs too, but Karl doesn't know how to use them, so we have a regular one (and regular keyboard) at home.

At work, I have a trackball and an ergonomic keyboard (keeps people off my computer too! LOL).

Thanks

I've got a wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard combo. I would WAY rather be wireless than have wires catching on things and cluttering my desk. The receiver is unobtrusive and my mouse/keyboard have worked flawlessly for me for over a year. I did have to replace an old non-Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo which fizzled, but I replaced it with this and haven't had an issue since. Rechargable batteries keep owning it inexpensive, and I don't really need to replace the batteries very often.

I'm sorry you've had problems with wireless At least you don't mind the cords! I think wireless is the waaavvveee of the fuuuuture, girl! In another 10 years nothing will be corded!
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

I hated my wireless mouse, but I LOVE the wierless keyboard!! My mom found a wireless keyboard and mouse set for pretty cheap, and, although the mouse sucked, the keyboard is great. When I got tired of fighting with the stupid mouse, I just found my old wired one, and left the wireless keyboard. ^_^
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

Thanks

My boyfriend and I have got the logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo also. I love it. When the battery dies, just pop in the rechargeable second battery. -lol- It's worked out really well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Two wireless mice that died on me in less than 4 months was enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Thanks

Only time i've had wireless user interface issues is at LAN parties when just about everyone is using the same brand and also using wireless...with that many people there tends to be some interference. Logitech is the only brand I've ever used and never had a problem. I love my trackball also its a trackman something or other where you move the ball with your thumb, I've gotten many a laugh watching others try and use it. They usually try and move the whole unit around and that's not how it works LOL.

Also my bluetooth apple keyboard that i use at work with my macbook pro works pretty flawlessly. The main issues with wireless IO devices is poor or low quality off brands and batteries. Re-chargeable batteries can cause some frustration as they are not always dependable but I guess that to depends on a good quality brand.
    www.ASFRats.info African soft-furred rats information and exchange.

www.WarrenReptiles.com
    Website Hosting available see site for details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast