Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,210

1 members and 2,209 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair trade?

Thanks

Fair trade?

There is a guy who owns a local shop were I live. He dose not work with Balls at all (other then selling CH normals), and he has a female spider in his shop. He has had the thing for about 3 months (asking 1,499.00), I know I giggled alittle when i saw the price. So i went down there and asked the guy who was working if he thought the owner would be interested in a trade. I told him the snakes Im willing to part with are one of my male breeder pastels, 1.1 albino het, or this really cool looking I think normal with a great reduced pattern and green/olive colored eyes. He hasent said if he wants to trade yet but what do you guys think, I am not trading all 4 for the spider but I would do 2 or 3 depending on the group or pair he wants.
    That just happened!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Re: Fair trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussin
    There is a guy who owns a local shop were I live. He dose not work with Balls at all (other then selling CH normals), and he has a female spider in his shop. He has had the thing for about 3 months (asking 1,499.00), I know I giggled alittle when i saw the price. So i went down there and asked the guy who was working if he thought the owner would be interested in a trade. I told him the snakes Im willing to part with are one of my male breeder pastels, 1.1 albino het, or this really cool looking I think normal with a great reduced pattern and green/olive colored eyes. He hasent said if he wants to trade yet but what do you guys think, I am not trading all 4 for the spider but I would do 2 or 3 depending on the group or pair he wants.
    If he trades you those 4 snakes for the spider i will be shocked.Let us know if it does happen though,good luck.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    If he trades you those 4 snakes for the spider i will be shocked.Let us know if it does happen though,good luck.
    Why? That sounds worth it. The four snakes are probably worth $800-$1,200 depending on size... about the cost of a spider. Although I'm not sure why you'd want to trade all of those snakes in for a spider. It sounds like you're well on your way to making some nice pastels and albinos...

-Lawrence

Thanks

Albinos and pastel...good

Spider...bad

Not saying I don't like spiders, but I would rather make albinos and pastels than just spiders
    lots of snakes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xdeus
    Why? That sounds worth it. The four snakes are probably worth $800-$1,200 depending on size... about the cost of a spider. Although I'm not sure why you'd want to trade all of those snakes in for a spider. It sounds like you're well on your way to making some nice pastels and albinos...
    Well in my opinion having the het for albinos and the pastel are worth more.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

If he doesn't "do" ball pythons, I don't know why he'd want to trade 4 or 1 instead of $1,499.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Wouldnt you rather have 2 morph-making possibilities instead of one morph?

And if your female is so pretty, which she sounds like she is, why would you want to give her up for pretty much an impulse buy?

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

It all depends on what you want personally I'd keep the animals I have and try to buy a spider. That way you know its eating habits, and medical record. Just my two cents.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

This shop isnt in jacksonville florida by any chance is it? Anyway i would keep your snakes. One spider isnt worth it to me... Buts thats just me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juddb
    This shop isnt in jacksonville florida by any chance is it? Anyway i would keep your snakes. One spider isnt worth it to me... Buts thats just me.
    I pm'd him about that haha.
    Ben does have some crazy prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast