So when I take my snake out to hold him he'll usually sit perched on my hand for about an hour, occaisionally changing his view. But eventually he starts trying to cruise around. When I first got him I'd let him roam around on the bed because he can't get down from it. He seemed very curious to me. Then I read alot about how balls are really stressed all the time and anything like that means they just want to go back to their hides. After that I began just putting him up once he started to move around.

Last night he did this again and I set him down on the bed because I still had to do some work on his cage. I noticed that as soon as he was free to roam he became much less intent on going somewhere quick and more intent on just looking at everything (he started doing his raised head periscope thing that makes him just as cute as any kitten).

Also, every night when I put him back in his cage after handling him he doesn't run right back into his hide. He usually spends quite some time lazily seeing how many cool poses he can make on his grape-wood log.

Could it be my snake is not stressed but simply curious and eager to do a little exploring? Clearly balls don't spend their entire lives in paranoid fear in a little 2x3 area in the wild. Surely they have some desire to explore.

Many times I've wished I could safely give him a greater area to check out without having to worry about keeping an eye on him every second.

Anyway, this thing seems kind of corny but I was curious if anybody here knew anything about it: http://www.snakewalker.com/ The only thing I was able to find besides their page was an Australian herpers forum but they were all acting ridiculous and going on about this thing like it was some sort of torture device.

Does anybody let their snake roam? How do you do it?