Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,781

1 members and 2,780 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Ball Python Egg Bound

Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    He is the vet that I took her to yesterday.

He told me she most likely wouldn't make it thru surgery.

I will fight this to the very end, I will not give up. If she dies it will not be because I didn't try and give it my ALL.
    So you were the one he was telling me about..So they are fertile then cause surgery is required. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Thanks FF for all your help. Yes, they are fertile eggs.

Thanks

Our prayers are with you Faith and with your snake. I'm so very sorry your herp vet hasn't done much more than send a snake home to die slowly and probably quite painfully and expect you to stand by and watch that happen. I hope the soaking, the antibiotics and your determination will see her through. Please keep us up-to-date if you can.
    ~~Joanna~~

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Our prayers are with you Faith and with your snake. I'm so very sorry your herp vet hasn't done much more than send a snake home to die slowly and probably quite painfully and expect you to stand by and watch that happen. I hope the soaking, the antibiotics and your determination will see her through. Please keep us up-to-date if you can.
    I hope Faith doesn't mind me giving an update or the contents of her PM. I called the head of the Exotic Vet Medicine Department at Mississippi State University who now has a private practice. Explained the problem. We were relaying messages between the girl at the desk but, he said that he spoke with her yesterday and that this is something she could handle herself. I proceeded to explain that this is not some thing that she should be asked to handle and that if he could be of any help I would greatly appreciate it. this was the out come per Faiths PM.

Dr Lenard Duzzi called me. He has offered to aspirate the eggs.

He thinks you were my local Vet.

He asked me how she was doing and what all I've done. I told him and honest he seems to not know what he is talking about but he has a wonderful name.

He told me he really thought the eggs were attached to her insides. I told him the eggs have moved down. He is shocked.

He asked me could he call me tomorrow to check on her and I said yes.

He told me he believed I could deliver the eggs because I delivered one last night. I told him she was on antibiotics from my Vet and that was from the advice from you guys on the forum.

So, whatever you said to him shook him up.

He may join this forum now.

Thank you so very much.

Faith

Glad things are working out Faith let me know if I can do any thing else
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Thank you FF, it's good to know you guys are so caring. We love our animals and will do anything to help them survive.

I'm going to try real soon to get the egg out that's near her vent. I will keep you informed.

Thank again FF

Faith

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Thank you Franky. Please keep praying.

Faith

Thanks

Faith, you are true to your name You are being so brave about all of this, and trying so hard to help your girl survive. My thoughts and prayers are with you--I'm sure if your girl is as determined to survive as you are determined to save her, she'll make it through this just fine.

Hang in there, hon. And keep us updated on her progress.
    --Kim
    1.0.0 Lemon Pastel (Auryn)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AzureN1ght
    Faith, you are true to your name You are being so brave about all of this, and trying so hard to help your girl survive. My thoughts and prayers are with you--I'm sure if your girl is as determined to survive as you are determined to save her, she'll make it through this just fine.

Hang in there, hon. And keep us updated on her progress.

Thank you, I sure need you guys. You guys are amazing. (cry)

Thanks

Yesssssssssssssssssss, I got the eggs out. . her vent looks stretched, will that close up? I am so excited!!

I soaked her for an hour and took her half way out while I massages the upper egg, it only took a few minutes for it to slide all the way down, within seconds it was out. I put fresh warm water in the soaking tub and have her soaking now.

Thank you all so very much for your help. Is there anything else I need to do or need to know?

When do I try and feed her?

I am so very excited. I pray to God she survives.

Bless you all.

Faith

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    Yesssssssssssssssssss, I got the eggs out. . her vent looks stretched, will that close up? I am so excited!!

I soaked her for an hour and took her half way out while I massages the upper egg, it only took a few minutes for it to slide all the way down, within seconds it was out. I put fresh warm water in the soaking tub and have her soaking now.

Thank you all so very much for your help. Is there anything else I need to do or need to know?

When do I try and feed her?

I am so very excited. I pray to God she survives.

Bless you all.

Faith
    NICE!!! Good luck Faith!! This is what IT is all about. Freaky, You weant Way beyond the call of duty bro!! My hat is off to ya Son!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast