Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,767

0 members and 2,767 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Re: Indiana Man Killed By 14ft Python

Am I wrong for thinking this may have been brought back up so that certain "people" would be able to see it and have just one more thing to show as "proof" of how dangerous these wonderful animals are?

I too think its a little fishy. Especially since it inspired an argument. At this time? When we are fighting for the right to be able to keep these animals as our pets? Come on...

It was a terrible thing to happen. I feel bad for his famliy. But it is never the animals fault. Never... Think about Steve Irwin. How Terrie told the world it was a terrible accident but Steve loved the animals he was working with and would never want anyone to think bad of the stingray that merely acted in defense. The guy that lived with bears for years and vidoetaped every moment. He was eaten by one of his bears. Everyone who knew him agreed that he went the way the he would have wanted if given a choice.

As for the retic.. 11ft huh. That doesnt really matter. My super dwarf is only a bit over 5 ft and she is stronger and hangs on more tightly than any ball python I have ever handled.

A responsible keeper would have had 2 people there or at the very least, some other easy to reach tool for getting the snake off. Pepper spray on his belt, spray bottle of alcohol, hot water.. Heck, even the simplest trick of bending the snakes tail backwards hard at the vent area. People just get too comfortable in their own knowledge and experience. Then over time they become more careless. The only name I would ever call that man is careless.

This was a completely freak accident which could have been prevented. It happened. Ok what is that? A total of 4 or 5 people killed by a constrictor somewhere in the USA in the last 10 years?? It has been said on here before. Thousands die each year from car crashes, household accidents, dog attacks, suicide, drug over dose, medical malpractice, food poisoning, common viruses, shark attacks, etc..

Big snakes should not even be taken into account with these figures. Bottom line is, more education is needed. If channels like animal planet and organizations like HSUS & PETA focused more on education than scare tactics, we would not be in the situation we are in. Freedom of choice & free speech have not been free for many years...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BOWSER11788 View Post
    well i feel bad for his family, but yea, guess im big meanie, thats the same as the idiots driving while texting and getting killed in an accident. oh poor kids, well simple changes, yes it sux for the kid, but IM possitive that wasn't the first known case of a constrictor killing a person, so the kid is bound to have heard of the dangers. mabye its cause im young and don't have kids but this death could of been 99% avoided if at least one other person was there. Guess i'm an extremist when it comes to getting my animals banned. Its differant than th girl in florida, she was young and it was her parents fault cause she didn't know the danger but the sub-adult kid KNEW IT, sorry if i tick'd some people off and I apologize for letting my feeling be known and as stated in prevous post want to know why this so-how go to the top
    It has nothing to do with not having kids...its has to do with being young. You are young enough to still think you know everything and also young enough to think its ok to be callous like this and have no remorse for your statements. Don't remind me that you apologized, I saw what you wrote thats not an apology. Not when in the same paragraph you say "oh poor kids..." about someone crashing because of poor judgement and txt'ing. It would be like saying the FL couple deserved losing their kid because they were irresponsible, its immensely callous and I hope you look at your statements a little more.

I understand what the threat of losing your animals is like. I'm here on this site because I am a boa breeder and I am thinking about getting into Balls because I stand to lose my collection that I love and a serious amount of money in the process. This snake ban thing is real...I am dealing with it just like you, but its not right to take that anger out on someone else. It is extreme as you say.

Thanks

id like to say something on this post... some people arnt goinig to like it.. but it goes along with people saying there should not be laws saying we can't own large snakes due to a few people die when far more people die from guns and cars and so many other things.. i agree with this...

but one thing that would make me mad is if they band big snakes or any snake or pet for that is smoking... the #1 killer in the US! is smoking!!!!.. and that just does not kill the person smoking but anybody around that person due to 2nd hand smoke... and everybody knows this about smoking.. and yet its still legal to smoke... but not to own snakes due to deaths when the # of people who die from smoking is far greater. that is one of the most dumb things i could ever hear...
    Look me up on youtube! .. under the name of
    Andrew500gt...

OR YOU COULD JUST CLICK THIS LINK

http://www.youtube.com/user/Andrew500GT

LOL WHATEVER WORKS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew24 View Post
    id like to say something on this post... some people arnt goinig to like it.. but it goes along with people saying there should not be laws saying we can't own large snakes due to a few people die when far more people die from guns and cars and so many other things.. i agree with this...

but one thing that would make me mad is if they band big snakes or any snake or pet for that is smoking... the #1 killer in the US! is smoking!!!!.. and that just does not kill the person smoking but anybody around that person due to 2nd hand smoke... and everybody knows this about smoking.. and yet its still legal to smoke... but not to own snakes due to deaths when the # of people who die from smoking is far greater. that is one of the most dumb things i could ever hear...
    That's because these people have thier hand in the money from that industry. As sad as it is.....The tobacco companies have enough money to pay the world off if they have to.

Thanks

nediver,- this is your second post and you joined in August and you come after me!!
    so what If I am the cold callious devil, so your a boa-breeder that bought this up from no where, the forum says snakes over 10 feet, not many boas over 10 feet and this is the giant PYTHON thread NOT the BALL python thread so yea, your still fishy to me, also I WAS NOT APOLOGIZING FOR ME STATING THE WAY I FEEL. i was apologizing to the people on this forum, cause I could of just kept my keyboard quiet and i was the jerk who said it so more or less i was saying sorry like a person causing in front of somomne, there not gonna stop causing, but should watch who they offend so im sorry to the posters and the better tounged people. also i dont claiim to KNOW-it-all, if i did would i be on this forum, NO, it isn't got nothing with me being young trust me on that, so go introduce yourself and help some people instead of bringing up tragedies. SO sorry again to anything i may have said but my feelings are evil i guess
    Last edited by BOWSER11788; 01-08-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

nediver,- this is your second post and you joined in August and you come after me!!
    so what If I am the cold callious devil, so your a boa-breeder that bought this up from no where, the forum says snakes over 10 feet, not many boas over 10 feet and this is the giant PYTHON thread NOT the BALL python thread so yea, your still fishy to me, also I WAS NOT APOLOGIZING FOR ME STATING THE WAY I FEEL. i was apologizing to the people on this forum, cause I could of just kept my keyboard quiet and i was the jerk who said it so more or less i was saying sorry like a person causing in front of somomne, there not gonna stop causing, but should watch who they offend so im sorry to the posters and the better tounged people. also i dont claiim to KNOW-it-all, if i did would i be on this forum, NO, it isn't got nothing with me being young trust me on that, so go introduce yourself and help some people instead of bringing up tragedies. SO sorry again to anything i may have said but my feelings are evil i guess
    No matter how young you are, you should know what a spell checker is.

You are presenting yourself well at all.

Spelling is not your only shortcoming.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

when i rush, i mis-spell words. boo-hoo, so say im callous and have shortcommings. untill BP.net puts it in there rules saying you have to feel bad for stupidity, i will voice however I feel and as stated 100000 times i feel bad for his family not him. jeez

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

when i rush, i mis-spell words. boo-hoo, so say im callous and have shortcommings. untill BP.net puts it in there rules saying you have to feel bad for stupidity, i will voice however I feel and as stated 100000 times i feel bad for his family not him. jeez
    Indeed.

At least you won't feel bad when I don't feel bad because you insist on being stupid.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

well since I am so stupid, what makes me stupid, cause i rush and mis-spell words or is it because I do not agree with the crowd or is it you have more posts than me???? should i be bashed for what i feel.
    Last edited by BOWSER11788; 01-08-2010 at 09:59 PM.

BPnet Veteran Chocolate Muffin's's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    No matter how young you are, you should know what a spell checker is.

You are presenting yourself well at all.

Spelling is not your only shortcoming.
    I think what you mean is that he is 'not' representing himself very well?
    Chocolate Muffin (f- normal) - 4 1/2 years old
    Nico N. Wilson (f - normal) - 20 years old

and introducing:

Doreanne P. Smithe - 3 years old
    (f - BCI /CRTB)

WELCOME HOME!
    Doreanne

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast