Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,905

3 members and 2,902 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Adult Hog Island Boa

I would love to make one 6 feet, but i am afraid i can't afford the space. I am figuring 1sq ft of cage floor per foot of snake, and a 4x2 allows for 8 sq ft. I will up the size to 5x2, but i just can't fit a 6 ft cage in my apartment.
    as for boaphile, i have checked out their stuff as well as animal plastics, and i can make a fully loaded cage for half their prices (i based my design off of theirs). I am a carpenter by trade and making a cage will not be a big deal at all. the money i save by building my own will allow for upgrades in the tech department such as a nice thermostat and heating devices.
    my design has a shelf 8 inches deep running the length of the cage to give the environment some options and personality, as well as giving her some more play space.
    Thanks for the tip on the water bowl, i will redraw and move it to the cool end, my hide will be towards that end as well.
    As for bedding, i will stick with aspen. I use it for my bp and i will just purchase it in bulk to accomidate both pets.

Thanks

I too would rather build a cage than buy one. I am building a six teir rack now and I think it looks twice as good as any I have seen for sale anywhere. Plus I know it is sturdy because I built it. You just feel better about stuff knowing it is built to last a long time.

~Jim

Thanks

You need two hides, one at each end.

I considered building the racks, but wood is so darned heavy compared to that plastic stuff they use and I am not a builder.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12