Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,231

0 members and 1,231 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Welcome Wallace.

Really cool addition gio congrats and enjoy. Third pic is kinda cute with the puppy dog eye's.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Congrats on the new little guy. Keep us posted on his progress.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerhawk For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    Congrats! Glad he finally made it in. Now for the fun part to kick in as he grows.

Cheers
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reptileexperts View Post
    Congrats! Glad he finally made it in. Now for the fun part to kick in as he grows.

Cheers
    Thanks everybody who's posted so far.

I think this guy is still under 2 feet long at 5 months which is a good sign of SD X Dwarf in the mix.

I've started with a bit of Reptileexpert's feeding regime and have had 2 feedings within 4 days. I want him started off well so that's where we're at.

Now I'm going to stretch things to 7 or 8 days before I feed another small rat. I may see how things go with every 7-10. He is extremely mellow for a little guy. A little jumpy with the hook and reach in, but then once in hand he is quite docile.

Again, I'd say the fastest settling snake of the 4 we have here.

Sans the royal, I've been bitten by the boa and carpet. Maybe because I'm more experience and have started the "retic style" handling right off the bat I'm preventing some potential issues; but I truly believe this snake is just a bit more settled and confident.

What do most folks find their MALE dwarf and SD size to be at 5 months? Is that an early indicator of adult size or is there a "teenage" growth spurt?

Again, I'm not even sure this guy is a full 24". His hatch date was June 1st.

I imagine what holds true with boa constrictors comes into play a bit with retics as well. Feeding and husbandry will have major effects on the size of the snake.

I'm rather pleased with the diversity of my/our collection here and feel privileged to have 4 completely different species in the house.

I will continue with updates, and higher quality photos when there are some significant changes.

Be happy and have a safe week!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    I'm gonna check the Minneapolis paper in a couple years and look for the headline "Monster snake terrorizes neighborhood and eats the local cat population!!" J/k man. Grats on the retic. Lol I've been bitten by everyone except the dumerils but I've only had her for a couple weeks. I'm sure the day will come for that although so far she is a sweetie. She curled up in my hand and fell asleep last night in bed while I was watching tv lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-05-2016)

Thanks

Beautiful tic. Im dying to get an sd from them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cron14 For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-05-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I'm gonna check the Minneapolis paper in a couple years and look for the headline "Monster snake terrorizes neighborhood and eats the local cat population!!" J/k man. Grats on the retic. Lol I've been bitten by everyone except the dumerils but I've only had her for a couple weeks. I'm sure the day will come for that although so far she is a sweetie. She curled up in my hand and fell asleep last night in bed while I was watching tv lol.
    Hey, I missed where you scored a Dums.

I'll have to check it out and congrats to you as well!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Hey, I missed where you scored a Dums.

I'll have to check it out and congrats to you as well!
    Lol thanks. Yeah I went crazy after the AP cages came in and I got them all set up. I had the glass tanks which were already retrofitted for snakes sitting around and had a couple Herpstats laying around so I said "why not!!??" The owner of the local reptile shop had a friend who had to give up some of her collection as she was having a second kid so they needed to downsize. I got the yearling female jungle carpet off her which she got from Nick Mutton. Then I also said what the heck and nabbed up the little 2 month old female dumerils. its like a fire and ice combo lol. The jungle is firey and such a firecracker although last night, she was an angel and curled up on the back of my neck with just her head perched on my shoulder while I watched tv for about an hour. The dumerils is the "ice" as in she is so mellow even eating lol. She fell asleep wrapped up in the palm of my hand for like 1.5 hours while I laid in bed watching tv lol. I got the 4x2 Constrictors NW cage laying empty still and I'm debating on using it as "temporary" home when/if I have to reseal any of my AP cages or putting something else in it. I guess it will depend on what comes along. I'll be getting the jungle and dumerils AP cages too in the spring which will give me room again and by then maybe Pucallpa Peruvians or Bredlis will pop up. So far checking Inland Reptiles, he has no Bredli left and I haven't asked Legacy Reptiles about any Pucallpas. Anyways, I don't want to steal your progress thread lol. And I'm still going to check the Minneapolis newspapers!!
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol thanks. Yeah I went crazy after the AP cages came in and I got them all set up. I had the glass tanks which were already retrofitted for snakes sitting around and had a couple Herpstats laying around so I said "why not!!??" The owner of the local reptile shop had a friend who had to give up some of her collection as she was having a second kid so they needed to downsize. I got the yearling female jungle carpet off her which she got from Nick Mutton. Then I also said what the heck and nabbed up the little 2 month old female dumerils. its like a fire and ice combo lol. The jungle is firey and such a firecracker although last night, she was an angel and curled up on the back of my neck with just her head perched on my shoulder while I watched tv for about an hour. The dumerils is the "ice" as in she is so mellow even eating lol. She fell asleep wrapped up in the palm of my hand for like 1.5 hours while I laid in bed watching tv lol. I got the 4x2 Constrictors NW cage laying empty still and I'm debating on using it as "temporary" home when/if I have to reseal any of my AP cages or putting something else in it. I guess it will depend on what comes along. I'll be getting the jungle and dumerils AP cages too in the spring which will give me room again and by then maybe Pucallpa Peruvians or Bredlis will pop up. So far checking Inland Reptiles, he has no Bredli left and I haven't asked Legacy Reptiles about any Pucallpas. Anyways, I don't want to steal your progress thread lol. And I'm still going to check the Minneapolis newspapers!!
    Sounds like some big plans in your future. I actually prefer the Iquitos Peruvian BC's. I know Legacy has Gus Rentfro's stock. They are THE largest boa constrictors on average.

Don't hold your breath for the "For Sale Retic". This snake is 5 months old and still under 2 feet long or just 2 feet. There is only 18% mainland in this animal and the mother was fully grown and only 10 feet long. The adult father was only 5 feet long.

This little fella is here to stay even at 11 feet long.

Last edited by Gio; 10-05-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123