Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,538

1 members and 3,537 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

the set up (revised)

my apologies for multple post on same subject. but i wasnt able too delete other post...

final got it set
    i am using a helix db1000 have probe between pad and glass set at 90 . i am using forest floor substrate about 1/2 in think i have covered screen top covered with foil 75% or greater using too hide spots one on the cool and one on the warm. put a 40 watt red bulb using ceramic lamp put in middle of on top not hooked up to the helix.

temp on top on substrate hot side 89-90 degree .. on glass direct 95-96 degree
    ambient 84 degree

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: the set up (revised)

I didn't see the original so I'm not sure of the context, but I'd assume you're looking for advice. Your setup looks A OK with almost everything. The only thing I would do is use construction paper or the like the cover three of the sides, to make the snake more secure. I've also heard that sometimes they can have issues with those half-log hides due to them being open on both sides, but that can easily be fixed by backing them up to something opaque, such as the cage wall (with paper) or the others log. Others than that, it looks good to go!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LJR For This Useful Post:

robert7107 (06-29-2016)

Thanks

Re: the set up (revised)

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post
    I didn't see the original so I'm not sure of the context, but I'd assume you're looking for advice. Your setup looks A OK with almost everything. The only thing I would do is use construction paper or the like the cover three of the sides, to make the snake more secure. I've also heard that sometimes they can have issues with those half-log hides due to them being open on both sides, but that can easily be fixed by backing them up to something opaque, such as the cage wall (with paper) or the others log. Others than that, it looks good to go!
    Thanks... ya getting a cage next month from east bay vivarium and have a friend who was on yard crashers not really on camera who is going to build me a cage as well and possibly a rack system.... I hate using glass tank kinda rushed into it but the response I got from my daughter was priceless and worth it........ brought her too tears of joy....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by robert7107; 06-29-2016 at 07:25 PM.