Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,495

1 members and 2,494 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ups and downs of a small collection

Hi all,

Here giving everyone an update on my collection and the ups and downs we have experienced in the last few months. This time has been a mixture of excitement, fear, hope and happiness. I came home from work on the Dec 23rd and was surprised with a Cinnamon Enchi female for Christmas by my Fiancé. Not only did I get one of the BPs on my must add to my collection list but now I can work towards a Banana Cinnamon Enchi Pied (dream combo). On top of that I picked up a very nice Leopard baby female at a show for 75 which I thought was a great price. With my collection growing I made a deal for a het dreamsicle adult pair, I usually never buy adults as I like to watch my BPs grow and better understand their personality but I could not pass this up. I will be rolling the dice this year in the hopes of hatching one of my dream combos.

I keep my reptiles in my office (who am I kidding, it's basically a reptile room/gaming station) but I quarantined my new arrivals in tubs set up in my living room, bedroom, and kitchen. Unfortunately the dimmer I had setup for my Cinnamon enchi female failed and the zoomed UTH got very hot and she suffered thermal burns on her belly. It looked terrible, it looked bloody and blistered. I immediately feared the worst and scrambled for my reptile medicine and surgery textbook. I bathed her in povine iodine as instructed in the book and applied Neosporin until I could get some silver sulfadiazine cream from the vet. The next day I was able to get an appointment with the only exotic vet in the area. He gave her a povine iodine bath as well, injected her with Fortaz and gave me some silver sulfadiazine cream to apply daily. I didn't agree with the Fortaz injection but I'm by no means a vet so I agreed at the end of the day. The vet instructed me to feed her the next day and if she did not eat to come back for some pain killers. I usually never go against a vet's instructions but I decided to treat her with silver sulfadiazine cream daily and not feed her until after she shed and avoid painkiller altogether. The thermal burn looked very bad but fast forward 2 weeks and first shed after the burn she looks great. It's amazing how tough these creatures are and to see her eat two rat pups yesterday made me very very happy. I'm now optimistic that she will continue to thrive and grow after this issue.

Overall I'm very happy to have grown my collection with such awesome projects, but after the cost of the vet visit/meds I'm working towards replacing those dimmers for my quarantine tubs with some thermostats and will continue to monitor all temps multiple times a day.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i'm glad your Cinny Enchi is making a nice recovery.

sounds like u have some exciting projects ahead. another forumer named LizardLicks is also working on the Cinny Enchi Banana Pied project. can't wait to see what these look like.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    Cinny banana enchi pied high five!

I'm going at it from a different angle though. Starting with an enchi pied girl and banana het pied boy. One way or another this snake is going to exist

Thanks

Re: Ups and downs of a small collection

Good luck to you both. Sounds awesome!

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons