Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,072

1 members and 3,071 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Another what to do thread....

I just got an adult buttercalico male for a trade, I`m not really into calico (calider is the only one I know and really like).
    My question is what cool combos can I do with it?

My females are...

Pastel
    YB
    Cinny
    Mojave
    Spider

What you guys think?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    You have a pretty suiable cheptel for your male. i may just not pair the mojave with him to avoid those 25% bel but it s still a ok choice. the spider and pastel are very common picks for calico and butter pairing. the yb can be amazing if you hit a triple. the cinny will give you insane orange on the triple.
    So i say go for it, and pray for getting triple males to upgrade your collection. And try to get another male for your mojave like:

Ghi mahogany, ghi mystic, ghi special.
    or
    Orange dream fire, orange dream leopard, orange dream enchi.

those are the 2 ways i see suiting best your actual collection because i feel like every collection needs OD, fire/vanilla, enchi, leopard and even if i m not a ghi lover , the ghi pick is great in a bel group oriented collection.

i think many people can advise you here and you will other great propositions.
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

Thanks

Re: Another what to do thread....

Thanks for that! I' ll be cheking WOBP to see those combos!!

It's kinda skinny, I'll have to put some weight on him.... but its really nice!!

Enviado desde mi LG-P778 mediante Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    very nice actually. if it was mine i would put him with all of them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i hope you will get more opinions on your breeding plan. Seems like less people dare to answer to this kind of topics, i post myself one and just one member answered me. I don t understand why since i think breeding and genetic are the most exciting part of the hobby right after the daily contact with badass comportment snakes.
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

Thanks

I think it has to be with personal taste. Some ask what should i breed him to? Pastel or spider? And thats personal, there is no right or wrong.
    In my case I am not familiar with calicos and didnt wan to expend lot of time in the genetic wizard... wich I did anyway.....lol
    I found your answer very helpfull. Thanks.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Sure, it s about personnal taste but not only. people tends to think about what they want to shoot at without thinking of the other 7/8 of the clutch that they don t want to keep and which are often hard to place snakes.

i just give you my personnal experience. I have a 40 adults and 32 juv potential housing . currently 36 adults and 44 juv!!! Why? Because i got 60/70 juv this year, i was expecting smaller clutch and 2 less girls to go. Combine this with the low ends morph hard to sell babies of every clutches. I have now 8 babies in temporary housing plastic box. And totally : 12 juvs don t match with my currents projects. (I just bought 2 babies this year waiting for rooms to welcome 4 more. But before that i have to find loving home for those 12 babies. And this could have been worst. I was not prepared!

Giving you little more details : i had so many enchi pastel that all my clients already get one from me and 2 ugliest are still with me ( + i keep the best one and a super pastel enchi) , i also hatched so many OD combos and another breeder within 20 km also hatched many so i still have 2 stunning male combos that no one near needs. And of course the pet category snakes like single gene males always super hard to place against good care. Honestly, on those 12 snakes there are just 4 that i m asking money!! i m willing to offer the others but just no one is interested by them.

So yes breed your pastel to calico if you like it but remember ugly pastel calico, ugly pastel, ugly calico are hard to place. be ready for that. But a calider will always find home.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to darkranger69 For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (11-27-2015)

Thanks

No argue about that. Dont even talk about normals! I live in Argentina, and theres no many combos right now. We are a few breeders, for example I hatch the very first Ivory in the country last year. There is no pastelcalico here yet. But it is happening with single gene...