Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,936

5 members and 2,931 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    For 15 years i showed and bred bloodhounds, they are known for their nose work, thats why when i had a litter half was promised out to police and sherrifs departments. I even had one boy who went to alaska for cadava dog training. One of my boys made his first assistarrest in minnasota at only 9 mo. old. I am not their trainer, just their proud mommy, and breeder. The ones that did not serve in search and rescue or tracking did me very proud in the show ring. Now i am retired and most of my guys are retired, but You can be sure i will always be proud of my babies accomplishments. Your Aussies are beautiful, and like all of the hearding breeds are relentless workers and love to please. You have the perfect breed to do any of the things you listed, they also can be great at french ring, because of their intellegence and protective abilility, which is in the breed already. good luck.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Re: Dog sports people?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoolamb View Post
    Just starting out with this boy. Will be going for our BH in september. My SO'S dog has a Schz II so it's not our first rodeo.

Yes. A friend of the family owns a extermination service. It's something he has wanted to add for a while but the investment is pretty steep. So we'll get my pup trained up and do some uhh consulting work ^_^ he loves nose work so I'm looking forward to it.

Though he has an aptitude for the ball python hunting too. He found my escapee this morning. Lol
    Awesome, good luck with him! A couple who both are into dogs and dog sports sounds like the best life LOL.

I wish I had IPO clubs local to me that are more suitable (I went to a couple trials and the training and helpers were not my style). Not for my Australian Shepherd, but my next dog will definitely be a dutchie from Asheley McCleary.

Omg... Good dog!
    Last edited by redshepherd; 07-29-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123