Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,532

2 members and 3,530 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Vigil the Dumie. Hmm wonder how THAT happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSloane View Post
    From my experience a lazy eater who eats consistently is the best case scenario. Less potential for stupid feeding errors where you get bitten.

Trust me, that's much better than having a snake that rockets out of the enclosure the second they smell food.
    Agreed!

None of mine have extreme feeding responses, and I actually only have a few out of my 14 snakes who like to strike at all. Lazy but consistent eaters for the win!
    0.2 Caramel Albino, 0.1 Caravanah, 0.1 Mojave Bumblebee, 0.1 Butter Pinstripe, 0.0.1 Normal, 1.0 Fire, 1.0 Spider, 1.0 Pastel Calico

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Iris
    1.1 Boa Constrictor Constrictor - Scarlet & Handsome Jack
    1.0 Woma Python - Nigel
    0.1 Corn Snake - Maisie
    1.1 Red Eared Sliders - Esteban & Dolores

Thanks
    Regarding the so called breeder. Often times at shows people vending will display animals that aren't bred or owned by them. It's often that they will show animals for a friend, or simply purchased a litter soon beforehand and sell them as their own. Definitely looked down upon to flip animals like this. I have no problem with people selling animals for friends or colleagues, but I appreciate if they are upfront about the source of the animals.

Doesn't take away from the quality of your animal though.

Thanks

Vigil the Dumie. Hmm wonder how THAT happened.

I know this an older thread, just wanted to chime in about Susan Hardy, she's super nice! I didn't buy from her at the last super show, but I had already bought Sadie my baby normal bp, but at the time I was at Susan's booth I still didn't know the sex because the girl taking care of the one I bought from didn't know it and wasn't comfortable with her popping skills (the breeder was off at the moment looking for possible stock). It didn't matter to me really since I had no plans to breed, but Susan offered to sex my new baby for me and talked for a while until she had someone with serious purchasing inquiries. Your boa is super pretty too btw! Do you have any recent pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gaitedappy; 12-09-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gaitedappy View Post
    I know this an older thread, just wanted to chime in about Susan Hardy, she's super nice! I didn't buy from her at the last super show, but I had already bought Sadie my baby normal bp, but at the time I was at Susan's booth I still didn't know the sex because the girl taking care of the one I bought from didn't know it and wasn't comfortable with her popping skills (the breeder was off at the moment looking for possible stock). It didn't matter to me really since I had no plans to breed, but Susan offered to sex my new baby for me and talked for a while until she had someone with serious purchasing inquiries. Your boa is super pretty too btw! Do you have any recent pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome- yeah, Susan seems very passionate about ball pythons. So I'm not sure where her one random dumie came from (maybe initially kept as a pet, who knows), but Vigil is with me now!

I do have recent photos. She's getting a wider, doggy head shape. Vigil has grown quite a bit since this thread was made, even though I was told that they grow slowly. I'm guessing her at around 450~500g when purchased from Susan- and she was apparently born August 2013. I just weighed Vigil last week, and she's around 880g now (if I remember correctly... It was definitely over 800g though). So nearly doubled her weight in only 4 months.

And this is a reptilebasics medium sized hide box, for size reference:

Last edited by redshepherd; 12-09-2015 at 11:17 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

gaitedappy (12-10-2015),GoingPostal (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Vigil is lovely. I really wish there were reptile shows within viable distance for me to visit.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    Holy she's getting big! My little baby dum is only around 300 grams, was around 100 I think when I got him spring. I love how chill they are.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
    Vigil is lovely. I really wish there were reptile shows within viable distance for me to visit.
    Thanks! Aw, that stinks a bit. Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Holy she's getting big! My little baby dum is only around 300 grams, was around 100 I think when I got him spring. I love how chill they are.
    Oh wow. Seems to be growing at the same % as Vigil, which is interesting for being so young! I thought younger snakes grew faster. :0

Yep, I love the chillness. I think they're like cats. They sit in your lap and stay there for an hour, and you provide the with body heat. LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123