Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,366

0 members and 1,366 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Pre killed over f/t???

I have a ball python that I bought and since I had her should would not take f/t and even went 3 months without food cause I only offered f/t. I just recently tried live and she ate right away but the rat bit her and I had to put snake hook in feeders mouth. I no longer want to feed live and wanted to know if she refuses f/t does that mean she will refuse a pre killed rat from co2 chamber? Does anyone have a BP that refuses f/t but takes a pre killed from co2 chamber? Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Re: Pre killed over f/t???

Quote Originally Posted by highqualityballz View Post
    I have a ball python that I bought and since I had her should would not take f/t and even went 3 months without food cause I only offered f/t. I just recently tried live and she ate right away but the rat bit her and I had to put snake hook in feeders mouth. I no longer want to feed live and wanted to know if she refuses f/t does that mean she will refuse a pre killed rat from co2 chamber? Does anyone have a BP that refuses f/t but takes a pre killed from co2 chamber? Thanks in advance!
    Snakes are very weird, weird creatures. There is really no two that are entirely alike. If your snake isn't eating frozen thawed, you gotta try live. If he/she isn't eating frozen thawed there is a good chance they will not eat a pre-killed mouse/rat.

Use tongs and hold the rat/mouse by the tail when offering food to help control the situation a bit better.

Thanks
    I had a boy that wouldn't eat f/t to save his life, but was all over a pre-killed. So I'd say go for it, imo it makes a lot of difference in feeding response, and this way you don't have to worry about the snake getting hurt.