Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,450

2 members and 3,448 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Breeders in Indy?

I live in Indianapolis and I am going to start breeding slowly for my ball pythons. I currently have a rack built and set up fresh water mesh screens toys, set up in car litter boxes. I currently have a total of 5 mice. 4 are female. 1 is male. Now this is what I have gone through so far and please help me out with some suggestions. I know feeder mice make horrible breeders so I got two females about 3 months old. That are technically fancy mice. Ones a tri color and the other has a reddish coat. I figure I could use a male feeder to start the breeding process until I get my first litter. Now I also have two females from uncle bills that were there to nurse pinkys and such. I got a fairly new one had to talk with the manager lol. And one that doesn't seem to old but you never know hahah. So my question is this. I can breed the fancy with the male feeders and everything should be ok right? And does anyone know where to possibly find proven breeders local in an area. I don't want to order online. I've bred hamsters before I assume this should be pretty close to the same haha. But any and all pointers are helpful. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Breeders in Indy?

Mice breed pretty easy. Imo fancy mice are just regular mice that look nice. I have never had an issue breeding a (fancy mouse) with a regular one.

Thanks

Ok thank u sir. Just didn't want to do anything to increase chances of a bad litter. The regular male has really take. A shining to my red fancy haha but he chases her around and then seems to push him away when he wants it lol.

Thanks

They should be fine, unless one of the mice is unhealthy. "Feeder" mice are just albino fancy mice. They aren't any different, they just have a lack of color.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayRo626 View Post
    They should be fine, unless one of the mice is unhealthy. "Feeder" mice are just albino fancy mice. They aren't any different, they just have a lack of color.
    Thanks. Unfortunately had to feed off a few yesterday.