Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,884

1 members and 2,883 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Meet Odessa

Thanks

Meet Odessa

Odessa is a two year old possible Het Pied BP that I got around a month and a half ago. This is my first snake and I absolutely love her. She probably just she'd at boarding, but I am on vacation so I wasn't there to see it. Her eyes were just turning black after they were grey for a few days when I dropped her off.
    Her setup includes 40 gallon tank, 100 watt heating lamp, hand mister and a towel on top of cage, humidity cage, two thermometers, two hydrofarm thermostats (will explain later), two 30-40 gallon UTH(will explain later tooo), two hides (one log one and one I made from a amazon box, a large plastic water contqiner(would say bowl but it is a rectangle), and that's just about all I believe, ohhhhhh also a few dqy/night thingy timers.

The reason I have two thermostats and two heating pads is because my house temp likes to sometimes drop to around 65 at night which is way too cold for a snake and I couldn't keep turning on and off the AC every night. So now I am worry free mostly lol. Here are some pictures of Odessa.
    Also I am a percussionist and Odessa is my favorite marimba solo, I will leave a link for it in a minute.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Meet Odessa

Quote Originally Posted by joeman001 View Post
    Odessa is a two year old possible Het Pied BP that I got around a month and a half ago. This is my first snake and I absolutely love her. She probably just she'd at boarding, but I am on vacation so I wasn't there to see it. Her eyes were just turning black after they were grey for a few days when I dropped her off.
    Her setup includes 40 gallon tank, 100 watt heating lamp, hand mister and a towel on top of cage, humidity cage, two thermometers, two hydrofarm thermostats (will explain later), two 30-40 gallon UTH(will explain later tooo), two hides (one log one and one I made from a amazon box, a large plastic water contqiner(would say bowl but it is a rectangle), and that's just about all I believe, ohhhhhh also a few dqy/night thingy timers.

The reason I have two thermostats and two heating pads is because my house temp likes to sometimes drop to around 65 at night which is way too cold for a snake and I couldn't keep turning on and off the AC every night. So now I am worry free mostly lol. Here are some pictures of Odessa.
    Also I am a percussionist and Odessa is my favorite marimba solo, I will leave a link for it in a minute.

https://youtu.be/ApNR2am2HAE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joeman001 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (07-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Beautiful girl you have there!

Those are some great tunes too! I'm amazed at such talent.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks

How cute

Sent from my SGH-T999
    Lady Mkrj58

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    She's so pretty, good luck with her.

Thanks

She's so beautiful! :o It's funny, I just adopted my first BP last week and for a few days I was thinking of naming her Odessa! I ended up choosing a different name (Olive) but I think it's so cool that there's a BP named Odessa out there.