Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,868

2 members and 2,866 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran Slowcountry Balls's Avatar
    Thanks

Camera Fun from 2015-05-14

Broke out the camera and light kits and took some pictures of some of our collection. Hope you guys enjoy them!

This is a picture of a 2012 female Pewter (bottom right) and a 2013 female Pewter Question (top left). The 2013 female Pewter Question came from a male Mystic paired with a 2009 female Pewter (the same 2009 female Pewter that produced the 2012 female Pewter when paired with a male Mojave).

This is a picture of the 2013 male Pewter Mystic (on right) and his sister the 2013 female Pewter Question. We are wondering if she is more than a Pewter.

This is one of our 2 Orangebellies that have gone through a weird color change. Look at how dark this 2012 male Orangebelly is! The change occurred about after a year of growing. He got lighter and lighter over a number of sheds, then got darker over a number of more sheds until he got this dark and has remained in this state since then.

Here is an up close picture of the same 2012 male Orangebelly.

This is the other color changing Orangebelly. This is a 2013 female Orangebelly that went through the same color change over a number of sheds as her half brother from 2012.

This is a picture of a 2012 Captive Hatched snake that might be a Mahogany. She's been a slow eater, so, we haven't had a chance to breed her and prove out what she is.

This is another picture of the 2012 female Captive Hatched Mahogany.

This is a 2012 female Captive Hatched snake that was thought to possibly be a Sable. I picked her up because I was hoping to work with the Sable gene, but when I was doing some more research about the Sable gene, I noticed that her belly is quite different from a Sable's belly (missing the dark spots). She has been locking with our 2012 male Jigsaw Blast, so we're looking forward to seeing what she produces.

Here is a belly shot of the 2012 Captive Hatched that is supposed to be a Sable. All the Sables that I have found pictures of have dark, "smokey" bellies. I wonder what she is.

This is a picture of a 2012 female that I acquired as a Pastel Chocolate Paint. I am not sure if she has both Paint and Chocolate genes in addition to the Pastel gene, but I think she might have the Paint gene. She has been locking with our male Cinnamon Yellowbelly Paint, so hopefully we can find out about the Paint gene for sure.

Another picture of the 2012 female that was acquired as a Pastel Chocolate Paint.

A third picture of the 2012 female that was acquired as a Pastel Chocolate Paint.

This is a 2012 female Pastel Orange Dream. She didn't make it up to weight for this breeding season, but hopefully will be ready for the one this fall!

Here is an updated picture of a world's first, a 2013 female Congo Fire. We can't wait to pair her up this fall!

This is a 2013 female Pastel Mojave. She's looking pretty good.

Here is a 2013 female Pastel Mojave Hypo. We plan on pairing her with our male Pastel GHI if she makes weight.

This is our 2013 female Leopard. We have some big plans for her this fall!

This is the 2014 female Orangebelly Mojave that we held back. She has the same father as the 2 color changing Orangebellies, so we are keeping a close eye on her.

Here is the first of our two 2014 female Pastel Mystic Enchis. We are looking forward to the possibilities!

Here is the other 2014 female Pastel Mystic Enchi. We really like this combination!

Here is the 2014 male Cinnamon Yellowbelly Paint that we produced. He is looking good.

Here is one of the two 2014 female Super Mystics that we produced this year. She's been growing really well for us.

Here is the brother of the 2014 female Super Mystics. I like that pattern on this 2014 male Super Mystic.

Here is a 2014 female Super Stripe that we produced with the male Orangebelly that fathered the two color changing Orangebellies. Will she change color too?

Another picture of the Super Stripe from our cool Orangebelly male.

Here is a 2014 female Ivory that was sired by our cool Orangebelly male. Two of the Ivories that he sired in 2013 turned into Graphite Ivories. We are hoping that this girl will get some graphite markings too!

We picked up this 2014 female Pastel Lepoard Pied at the Columbia Repticon Show in February. It's going to be hard to wait long enough for her to get up to size. We are really excited about her.

This is a female Pinstripe Woma that was just glowing when I took this picture. She ovulated a few days later, so we are counting down the days until she lays. She was paired with our 2012 male Pastel Calico.

Thanks for looking. Check out our Facebook page for updates on our season!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

CrazyPiston (05-31-2015),loulatills (06-01-2015),nightwolfsnow (09-17-2015),se7en (10-13-2015),WmHrbst (10-12-2015)

Thanks

Re: Camera Fun from 2015-05-14

Amazing collection, thanks for sharing!

I'm intrigued by the color changing orangebellies. I love darker snakes.
    Also, the super mystic is a stunner.
    0.2 Caramel Albino, 0.1 Caravanah, 0.1 Mojave Bumblebee, 0.1 Butter Pinstripe, 0.0.1 Normal, 1.0 Fire, 1.0 Spider, 1.0 Pastel Calico

0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Iris
    1.1 Boa Constrictor Constrictor - Scarlet & Handsome Jack
    1.0 Woma Python - Nigel
    0.1 Corn Snake - Maisie
    1.1 Red Eared Sliders - Esteban & Dolores

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KitaCat For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (05-31-2015)

Thanks
    Wow beautiful snakes.
    Ball Pythons:

1.0 Cinnamon(2012) Link

Boas:

1.0 Anery(2011) Diablo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wasn't really familiar with the Orangebelly gene so I looked it up on World of Ball Pythons and none of them are that dark which is super cool. Do you have any idea what made them that dark? Anyway great collection!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang5 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5 View Post
    I wasn't really familiar with the Orangebelly gene so I looked it up on World of Ball Pythons and none of them are that dark which is super cool. Do you have any idea what made them that dark? Anyway great collection!

They just do that.

http://www.reptileradio.net/ball-pyt...or-change.html

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoiseBallz For This Useful Post:

Mustang5 (05-31-2015),Slowcountry Balls (05-31-2015)

Thanks
    Awesome update Chris!

Having seen the color changing Orangebelly's at the Columbia show all I can say is wow and you have to see them to believe them. It's too bad the camera doesn't capture the iridescent sheen they have, it truly looks like an oil slick on water. I'm hoping the Orangebelly Mojave children also go through the change, you can see in my signature I have her sister.

Can't wait to hear more about your future plans for the Leopard she's a beauty. Actually they all are beauties, what a selection!
    Cheers, Jeff

12. The Following User Says Thank You to C2tcardin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5 View Post
    Like BoiseBallz said, these 2 have just changed colors without any known reason. I am wondering if there is a genetic component since they share the same father, and went through the color change around the same age and weight. I'm keeping my eye on as many of my Orangebelly's babies as possible. I'll post any more information as I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by C2tcardin View Post
    Awesome update Chris!

Having seen the color changing Orangebelly's at the Columbia show all I can say is wow and you have to see them to believe them. It's too bad the camera doesn't capture the iridescent sheen they have, it truly looks like an oil slick on water. I'm hoping the Orangebelly Mojave children also go through the change, you can see in my signature I have her sister.

Can't wait to hear more about your future plans for the Leopard she's a beauty. Actually they all are beauties, what a selection!
    Thanks Jeff. I know what you mean about not being able to capture the iridescent sheen. It is really cool. I'm hoping to incorporate the female Leopard into a Clown project. That is one of the few genes I have always wanted to get, but never managed to so far.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

Mustang5 (05-31-2015)

Thanks
    Well, got the camera and light kit out last weekend and captured some of our animals. Hope you guys enjoy these!

Here are the parents of out first clutch of 2015, a 2008 female Mojave and a 2012 male Pastel Calico:

And here is a cool picture of the 2012 male Pastel Calico:

Speaking of our breeder males, here is our 2012 male Jigsaw Blast with our 2013 male Pewter Mystic:

We are hoping these two ladies will be ready to go this fall, a 2012 Pastel Orange Dream, and a 2013 Hypo Pastave:

Who wants to try for Super Pastel Mystic Potions? This is a 2013 female Pastave and a 2013 male Pastel Mystic. Both are looking for new homes.

That same female 2013 Pastave is in this picture with what was sold to me as a 2012 female Pastave Chocolate. I don't know if she has the Chocolate gene or not. What do you guys think?

Speaking of questions, I can't figure out this 2013 female Pewter. She is shown next to her 2013 male Pewter Mystic brother. Looking at her next to him, I think she is just a stunning Pewter, but when you look at a picture of her next to her 2012 female Pewter half sister, you are left asking, "Is she only a Pewter?" I just cant decide.

I love both of these 2014 female Pastel Mystic Enchis. Both are eating like champs!

This 2014 female Super Pastel Calico is doing quite well. Not sure what to pair her with, but we're looking forward to what she will do for us.

Here is a picture of our 2014 male Super Mystic. His Super Mystic sister is in shed, or she would have been in the picture too.

Why do females take so long to grow? We are really excited about this 2014 female Pastel Leopard Pied that we got from Sulfolk Selects (http://www.suffolkselects.com/).

Here are just a few highlights from 2015 Clutch 1, for more of this season's hatchlings, look at this thread http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-2015-Clutches.

I think this is a Mojave Calico because of the way the alien heads are distorted and smeared at the tail. We'll give her some time to grow to see if she is indeed a Mojave Calico.

Another one that I think is a Mojave Calico because of the distorted alien heads. We'll give him some time to grow too.

This guy came out awesome! We think he is going to turn into a great high white Calico. He already found a new home.

The highlight of 2015 Clutch 1 is this girl, a Pastave Calico.

Thanks for looking.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

nightwolfsnow (09-17-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    one of your 2012 snake look like my het russo specially the belly shot but a bit darker. not a sable for sure.

same comment as every one for the orangebellies... sick!!!

i love your pastel mojave 2013 ..... the best i have ever seen
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

18. The Following User Says Thank You to darkranger69 For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (09-17-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkranger69 View Post
    one of your 2012 snake look like my het russo specially the belly shot but a bit darker. not a sable for sure.

same comment as every one for the orangebellies... sick!!!

i love your pastel mojave 2013 ..... the best i have ever seen
    Thanks for the compliments. I love Mojave. The 2013 female Pastave came out really clean and was one of our holdbacks until we got a female Super Mojave and our male Pastave possible Chocolate turned out to be a female (check out our 2014-2015 Season Thread to see her on her eggs http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-2015-Clutches).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast