Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,883

2 members and 2,881 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Fedex Wont Ship Live Animals

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Good luck but you should have taken it to the world center that is a building and air conditioned and not a bumpy hot cargo truck bouncing around till whenever they get back.
    I have them pickup at my house sometimes. They come to my house in a van that is air conditioned.
    Ron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxygirl View Post
    Maybe I should switch to SYR..Reptiles express was around $15 cheaper for shipping and supplies from them was also cheaper so I chose them initially.
    I don't know what Reptiles Express told FedEx but I just changed it to Pickup to try to avoid issues. I have a shipping label from Reptiles express that says "Reptiles Express" in the return address area, as well as "Live Harmless Reptile" on the box. FedEx will come to my house to get the hatchling this afternoon. The new customer service agent at Reptiles Express was very nice, but said a lot of "Maybe" and "I'm not sure" to my questions which didn't help my confidence with my first shipping experience. Sadly Debbie is no longer there.. I was looking forward to working with her after hearing about her phenomenal customer service.

Anyway, Lil Binky is all ready to go in her box. We've said our goodbyes!
    If you ever do decide to ship through SYR there are coupon codes out there to ship cheaper. I know nothing about reptile express but can say I have always been happy with SYR.
    Ron

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bondo For This Useful Post:

Robyn@SYR (06-22-2015)

Thanks

Thank you for all the advice and info, Rob!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    you should have taken it to the world center that is a building and air conditioned and not a bumpy hot cargo truck bouncing around till whenever they get back.
    You cannot teach "common sense".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grcforce327 View Post
    You cannot teach "common sense".
    Why would these reptile shipping companies instruct you to have the reptile picked up if it is unsafe for the reptile? Does it really make that much of a difference? The reptiles I've receive via shipping have been picked up from the seller's house on three different occasions, so I assumed that was normal? The customer service rep even encouraged me to do pickup at my house as there is less of a chance of there being confusion at the shipping center on whether or not they can ship the snake and the truck is air conditioned. It's my first time shipping and I listened to the "experts" opinion. Woops. Lets all hop off our high horses and not be condescending to fellow reptile owners who are posting on this forum to make sure our reptiles are taken care of properly by asking our friendly reptile community for their advice. I agree, next time I would rather drop off to make sure the snake doesn't have to sit in the back of a bumpy truck for an extra hour or two.
    Last edited by Galaxygirl; 06-01-2015 at 06:53 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxygirl For This Useful Post:

Shann (06-01-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxygirl View Post
    Why would these reptile shipping companies instruct you to have the reptile picked up if it is unsafe for the reptile? Does it really make that much of a difference? The reptiles I've receive via shipping have been picked up from the seller's house on three different occasions, so I assumed that was normal? The customer service rep even encouraged me to do pickup at my house as there is less of a chance of there being confusion at the shipping center on whether or not they can ship the snake and the truck is air conditioned. It's my first time shipping and I listened to the "experts" opinion. Woops. Lets all hop off our high horses and not be condescending to fellow reptile owners who are posting on this forum to make sure our reptiles are taken care of properly by asking our friendly reptile community for their advice. I agree, next time I would rather drop off to make sure the snake doesn't have to sit in the back of a bumpy truck for an extra hour or two.
    Don't sweat it you did nothing wrong. When you drop your snake off at FedEx it doesn't magically end up at it's destination. The snake gets put in a semi and has a long bumpy ride to the airport. Unless you live next to a hub. Like I said earlier my FedEx truck is a van that is ac and heat controlled. I would recommend no pickup if it is hot or cold out but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. People think because it is one way in their area that it is that way everywhere. The only way around a long bumpy ride is airport to airport delivery.
    Ron

Thanks

Bumpy ride pick dropping off can eliminate only a few bumps. The package go threw at lest 3 fed ex places to be sorted on trucks to airports on a airplane and a truck from airport then the delivery truck unless it a pick up at a hub.
    1.0 Pastel 1.0 Killer Spinner 1.0 Spotnose 1.0 100% Het Pied
    1.0 Mystic Potion Het Clown (Pos Calico) 1.0 Cinnamon
    1.0 Peanut Butter 1.0 Spdier Het Clown
    0.1 Fire 0.1 Butter 0.1 Enchi 0.1 albino
    0.1 Mojave Yellowbelly 0.1 Black Pastel 0.1 Mojave Het Pied
    0.1 Bumble Bee Het Clown 0.1 Cinnamon DH pied Ghost
    0.1 Mojave Orange Dream 0.1 Pastel Het Clown
    0.0.1 Cinnamon Het Desert Ghost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 513 Posts
    Needs to be shipped at a FedEx world center and you must be certified through FedEx before you can ship live animals.

Here is the application form required by FedEx http://images.fedex.com/us/services/...pplication.pdf

This will also help set up your shipping box depending on the specific animal you are shipping
    https://app.box.com/s/v5g8mu1kl2dehnj6bb9r
    Last edited by WmHrbst; 06-21-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WmHrbst View Post
    Needs to be shipped at a FedEx world center and you must be certified through FedEx before you can ship live animals.

Here is the application form required by FedEx http://images.fedex.com/us/services/...pplication.pdf

This will also help set up your shipping box depending on the specific animal you are shipping
    https://app.box.com/s/v5g8mu1kl2dehnj6bb9r
    You do not have to be certified if you ship through SYR or RE. Also you can ship to residential using them.
    Ron

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bondo For This Useful Post:

Robyn@SYR (06-22-2015)

Thanks

Stopping by to offer a bit of SYR perspective on some of these topics. This thread is a bit dated, but just made my radar today : )

You don't have to be individually certified to use the ShipYourReptiles service. When you ship with SYR, you are shipping under our certification. You agree to meet our SYR Shipping Standards, covering packaging and temperature requirements, which in turn meet the FedEx requirements.

When you are individually certified, you are restricted to Business to Business shipments only. When using ShipYourReptiles, you can ship to and from Residential addresses as well, as was mentioned. Special bonus that we negotiated.

You can ship all non-venomous reptiles and amphibians through ShipYourReptiles (which is a FedEx service). UPS allows for reptile shipping, but NO SNAKES, so basically geckos, lizards, frogs and such. UPS does not court nor support reptile shippers or our industry as a whole. From a wider view, I always prefer to see folks use FedEx, since they actively support the reptile hobby and industry.

Having your package picked up is a popular option, it shouldn't introduce any negative variables to be overly concerned about. Most shippers prefer to drop off their package at the FedEx facility. That leaves you in control of your package (and hence your animal, the temps, the handling) for as long as possible.

You can't drop off at any "FedEx" spot though. You will have the best success at the actual FedEx facility, the FedEx Ship Center. FedEx Office (Kinko's) locations typically don't accept live/perishable shipments, and that is at their discretion. Same with independent locations, like PakMail or Mailboxes Etc spots with a FedEx counter/sign.

We can't MAKE a FedEx Office location accept a live package. We can ask nicely in a pinch, but your best bet is to find the actual FedEx facility.

It sounds like the OP got turned away from the actual FedEx facility, and that was incorrect info on the staffer's part. As was mentioned, some staffers are not hip to live shipments at all. Sometimes they are, they know that "special accounts" can ship live reptiles, but if Random Johnny calls and asks about it, they assume they aren't certified and say "no you can't ship that". Either way, in this case it was incorrect, sorry to hear of the issue.

But it is easily fixed. We just have to put in a quick call to the facility and bring them up to speed on our account status. As was also mentioned, SYR includes a FedEx note with the label that you can include on the package, and the note includes specific information for the FedEx staffer to verify the account status on their internal system. If the note is not available, or they are stubborn, then a phone call will address the issue. We are always happy to help in those situations, and it is often from the shipper's cell phone as they stand at the counter, frustrated and aggravated. I understand the frustration, and anxiety, but that is part of the SYR service, smoothing the wrinkles, getting over the speed bumps.

Sometimes the speed bumps are made up of staffer ignorance : )

One nice feature of the ShipYourReptiles service is the SYR On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance program. No other service offers that.

If you haven't used a 40% code before, use APS40 and get 40% off the FedEx retail price on your next shipment. And feel free to contact us anytime with questions or concerns, we are here to help! info@ShipYourReptiles.com

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

IsmQui718 (08-12-2016),nightwolfsnow (07-14-2015),tacticalveterinarian (06-22-2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast