Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,130

2 members and 3,128 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BPnet Veteran tacticalveterinarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fedex Wont Ship Live Animals

Thanks Robyn for such an informative and comprehensive post!

Thanks

Re: Fedex Wont Ship Live Animals

I would also like to add some ReptilesExpress perspective on this topic.

Yes - FedEx does ship Reptiles (snakes/lizards). However, only a certified shipper can make the shipment. You can either use a certified shipper such as ReptilesExpress, or go through your own certification process and establish your own account.

The main problem is many employees of FedEx are not trained properly to know that FedEx ship Reptiles.

The FedEx employee sees a Reptile Shipment, stops it, and it causes all kinds of problems for us.

I met with Matthew Thornton, Senior Vice President of FedEx US Operations, twice to discuss this problem. He initiated a conference call later with me and his operations staff. The goal of my effort was to ask FedEx to expand their internal training programs to better highlight FedEx policy on Reptile Shipments.

That call happened around April 2015.

The FedEx team implemented overviews of Reptile Shipments policies in their internal training program starting June 2015.

Since that time, we haven't had too many calls from our customer base saying FedEx staffed facilities are rejecting their packages. If it happens, we can fix the problem in minutes through our support staff.

The main policy for all of you to remember is you cannot drop off or pick up Reptiles from a FedEx affiliated location (FedEx Office, etc.) It must be from a FedEx staffed facility.

To make it simpler for all of you to know where the legitimate FedEx staffed facilities are, we implemented software on our site that gives you the 3 closest FedEx staffed facilities from your zip code and your customer's zip code when you make your labels.

Our goal is to make shipping your animal affordable and stress-free. All of our software enhancements came from suggestions of our customer base. If you have any further ideas/requests, please do not hesitate to send to me.

Thanks!

Michael Houtzager
    ReptilesExpress
    sales@reptilesexpress.com
    www.reptilesexpress.com

Thanks
    Don't ask. call centers from all companies are completely useless and clueless

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123